User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Import Game Zines

Are there any good magazines/fan zines for import games? I know about Scrolls but I'd like something monthly that covers a variety of games. Sick of UK mags not covering the games I want to read about.

Any suggestions or does nothing exist?

Thanks for the twitter tip.

I'd be tempted to write for one as well if we can find a good way to get them printed. A lot of people use printing on demand to sell stuff now.

Why don't a few of us club together & do one?

I'm sure there's more than enough writing talent on here to get one off the ground?

Could be the Bordersdown-azine

At one time loads of mags covered imports it made reading them exciting, then one by one they all became standard boring pal only efforts all reporting on the same games with nobody daring to risk an import review. By the time they are reporting on new incoming games from Japan i have already bought & played them to death meaning there's nothing in a uk gaming mag that interests me nowdays. Only way i can get import gaming news fix is either buy issues of famitsu WiiU+3DS or by going to Japanese blog sites.

Just a shame importing famitsu isn't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Why don't a few of us club together & do one?

I'm sure there's more than enough writing talent on here to get one off the ground?

Could be the Bordersdown-azine
    The forum has vastly changed, not many are bothered by imports nowdays there's not that many of us left.

Because there is almost no reason to import anymore.

Really?

If you like Nintendo there is, there's still a large amount of games that if you just go with domestic releases you'll never see.

Most people aren't interested in playing many of the oddities on Nintendo formats.

Quote Originally Posted by nakamura View Post
    Because there is almost no reason to import anymore.
    Not so sure there really.

There are quite a lot of games I'd still be interested in Importing if I had better info on them.

PS3 & 360 still have a lot of Jpn only stuff for example that's before you get the Nintendo "oddities" & Vita stuff

I still feel there's a market just not that big & what's to say Retro import features wouldn't be almost enough reason to do one on it's own?