No announcement yet.

Venom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spider-Man teen school romance stuff has no interest to me. The moment the whole Spider-Man movie universe went wrong was right at the start of Raimi's first one when Peter Parker says the story is about a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      The Spider-Man teen school romance stuff has no interest to me. The moment the whole Spider-Man movie universe went wrong was right at the start of Raimi's first one when Peter Parker says the story is about a girl.
      Nail. Head.

You know what Thor's about? Thor.
      You know what Iron Man's about? Tony Stark and Iron Man.

It's like making a Superman movie and saying "this movie's about Lois Lane". She's a huge part of the character's story, but it's still THE CHARACTER'S STORY.

Comment

Is Spider-Man actually in this, or is it just Venom and Carnage? I believe the first Spider-Man Sony/Marvel reboot reboot will be in 2017 and then the Sinister Six movie will follow at some unspecified point. I thought the Venom: Carnage movie had dropped off the radar?

This is all getting out of hand!

Comment

Avengers Age of Ultron
          Dr Strange
          Batman vs Superman
          Thor
          Civil War
          X men apocalypse

These we'll all be worth the watch.

The rest will be dross. I mean, why have they made an entire film about gambit ffs? his special power is making cards glow...

Comment

This is still coming apparently but is still fully TBA.

For me Spiderman peaked with Spiderman 2, I still really enjoy that one and it holds up well to everything that's followed. I feel the Amazing entries get too much knocking but without closure they're now uber redundant in the face of all this, even compared to Raimis

Comment

Years ago, Sony Pictures attempted to make a spin-off of its “Spider-Man” film franchise focusing on Venom – the extraterrestrial symbiote who became a major villain in the third of the Sam Raimi films. The project remained in development for some time and looked to be potentially gaining traction until the release of “The Amazing […]

Apparently Sony is now reviving this project as a standalone franchise with no connection to Spiderman. Will Sony just fire whoevers in charge there already..?

Comment

A trailer:

So what's the deal with this? Does Marvel actually consider it part of the MCU or is this separate?

Comment

So confused.

He doesn't seem to have any spidey powers, he looks telekinetic.
                  Or is that the bad guy?

How does he get his powers?

Interested, but also confusedly frowning.
                  It probably doesn't help I'm watching at work with the sound off.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    So confused.

He doesn't seem to have any spidey powers, he looks telekinetic.
                    Or is that the bad guy?

How does he get his powers?

Interested, but also confusedly frowning.
                    It probably doesn't help I'm watching at work with the sound off.
                    Sound didn't help tbh...

Comment

Ha!

I quite like the original Venom origin story.
                      I also like how Eddie Brock is a bit delusional and thinks he's always being hard done by until the symbiote gives him the power to do as he pleases and right wrongs as he sees fit.

First time I saw Venom was actually in the Mean Machines review for Mega Drive Spider-Man and I loved the idea of an anti-Spidey.

Comment

Yeah, might be the bad guy who has the telekinetic powers. If you had the sound on, you'd have heard the VO:

"Everyone's got their thing.
                        Mine is that I may or may not have spider powers when you see me turn into a kind of Spider-Man only darker.
                        And my other thing is that I hope you come see my movie because that Spider-Man movie is great and I'm also a Marvel movie, honest. Even if they say I'm not, I am."

Then cars crash.

Comment

By all accounts the film is unofficially part of the MCU. Designed that it won't directly reference the rest of the MCU so that if it bombs Marvel can disavow it but if it's a huge hit then sequels and the rest of Sony's planned slate can more safely have Parker pop in and out. Overall though, even if it becomes official canon, Sony's non-Spider Man films will never interweave directly with the rest of the MCU. They're like movie equivalent of the MCU TV series... there but no-one in the Marvel made films will ever reference them

Comment

So that was a teaser without any powers on show, the bad guy must have the telekinesis.
                            That was Tom Hardy yeah?

Comment

Yeah, might be the bad guy who has the telekinetic powers. If you had the sound on, you'd have heard the VO:

Mine is that I may or may not have spider powers when you see me turn into a kind of Spider-Man only darker.
                              And my other thing is that I hope you come see my movie because that Spider-Man movie is great and I'm also a Marvel movie, honest. Even if they say I'm not, I am."

Then cars crash.
                              You both left out the part at the end of the trailer which says "Netflix Exclusive".

Comment

I believed the first two sentences! I was even reading them in a cool voice in my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X