User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Venom

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/417...m-gets-revived

Apparently Sony is now reviving this project as a standalone franchise with no connection to Spiderman. Will Sony just fire whoevers in charge there already..?

A trailer:

So what's the deal with this? Does Marvel actually consider it part of the MCU or is this separate?

So confused.

He doesn't seem to have any spidey powers, he looks telekinetic.
    Or is that the bad guy?

How does he get his powers?

Interested, but also confusedly frowning.
    It probably doesn't help I'm watching at work with the sound off.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    So confused.

He doesn't seem to have any spidey powers, he looks telekinetic.
    Or is that the bad guy?

How does he get his powers?

Interested, but also confusedly frowning.
    It probably doesn't help I'm watching at work with the sound off.
    Sound didn't help tbh...

Ha!

I quite like the original Venom origin story.
    I also like how Eddie Brock is a bit delusional and thinks he's always being hard done by until the symbiote gives him the power to do as he pleases and right wrongs as he sees fit.

First time I saw Venom was actually in the Mean Machines review for Mega Drive Spider-Man and I loved the idea of an anti-Spidey.

Yeah, might be the bad guy who has the telekinetic powers. If you had the sound on, you'd have heard the VO:

"Everyone's got their thing.
    Mine is that I may or may not have spider powers when you see me turn into a kind of Spider-Man only darker.
    And my other thing is that I hope you come see my movie because that Spider-Man movie is great and I'm also a Marvel movie, honest. Even if they say I'm not, I am."

Then cars crash.

By all accounts the film is unofficially part of the MCU. Designed that it won't directly reference the rest of the MCU so that if it bombs Marvel can disavow it but if it's a huge hit then sequels and the rest of Sony's planned slate can more safely have Parker pop in and out. Overall though, even if it becomes official canon, Sony's non-Spider Man films will never interweave directly with the rest of the MCU. They're like movie equivalent of the MCU TV series... there but no-one in the Marvel made films will ever reference them

So that was a teaser without any powers on show, the bad guy must have the telekinesis.
    That was Tom Hardy yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Yeah, might be the bad guy who has the telekinetic powers. If you had the sound on, you'd have heard the VO:

Mine is that I may or may not have spider powers when you see me turn into a kind of Spider-Man only darker.
    And my other thing is that I hope you come see my movie because that Spider-Man movie is great and I'm also a Marvel movie, honest. Even if they say I'm not, I am."

Then cars crash.
    You both left out the part at the end of the trailer which says "Netflix Exclusive".

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I believed the first two sentences! I was even reading them in a cool voice in my head.