Bad Boys For Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Boys For Life

“Safe House” scribe David Guggenheim is in early talks with Sony Pictures to script a third “Bad Boys” movie. The hope is Will Smith and Martin Lawrence will return to play fast-talking undercover cops Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett respectively. Michael Bay directed both the 1995 original and the 2003 sequel, both of which Jerry […]

The writer of Safe House is looking likely to be penning the long time coming trilogy maker.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 04-09-2019, 18:33.

Scott Derrickson’s exorcism cop drama “Deliver Us From Evil” hits cinemas this week and producer Jerry Bruckheimer recently did the press rounds to discuss the project. At the same time he offered updates on several big-budget sequels he’s involved with. Collider asked Bruckheimer if there’ll be any demonic monsters in the upcoming fifth “Pirates of […]

Apparently they're hoping to have a script together by year end with the whole thing based in Sept

Comment

During an appearance on Conan O’Brien’s talk show last night to promote his new FX sitcom “Partners,”comedian Martin Lawrence has confirmed reports that a third “Bad Boys” is moving forward. Asked about the project by O’Brien, Lawrence responded: “I believe so. Yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it’s real, they’re […]

Martin Lawrence says this is still on the way and shouldn't be too far off now. Surely, the final entry in the series

Comment

Bad Boys was a great pairing nad Bad Boys 2 just took the buddy action genre into the stratosphere in terms of comedy, length and scale. Some said it was too overblown and OTT but its a pretty landmark piece for me. I remember thinking whoa, they've really gone all out with this one rather than be lazy and rehash an old formula.

So that said I'm looking forward to this 3rd one, it'll probably be rubbish but it'll probably still be a decent larf all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
          Some said it was too overblown and OTT but its a pretty landmark piece for me.
          I thought it was brilliant myself, much better than the first. Joe Pantoliano's scenes really broke the movie up exactly where you would normally start to get bored of the sheer length of the movie. I really hope they bring him back for the third, amazing actor.

You just have to love this scene
          Last edited by Solar; 17-08-2014, 16:22.

Comment

Yeah, theres quite a few classic bits like the police captain, when they have to get the massive nerd to hack something for them, Martin Lawrence getting high on X and best of all when Martins daughters new boyfriend comes to the house and they interrogate the crap out of him.

Comment

Filmmaker Joe Carnahan (“Narc,” “The Grey”) is in early talks to pen a new draft and possibly direct a third film in the “Bad Boys” action film franchise. Carnahan will definitely be rewriting the script by David Guggenheim (“Safe House”) and could potentially helm the project for which both Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are […]

Word is that the director of Narc and The Grey has been brought in to rework the script for this as well as possibly direct.

Comment

Have we not yet established what bad boys are going to do when they come for you?

I don't think I've seen these films, so all my recollections are snippets I saw on the telly.
                I remember a long section where Lawrence pretended to be Smith's character to protect a witness that went on for ages.
                Tropical Bubbalicious.
                Hot tub bursting.

Are they all the first one?
                Which one has the Porsches flying at them on the freeway?
                I cannot remember who the antagonist was and why he was throwing cars at them.
                Maybe I just saw a clip.

Comment

The freeway is the second one, they're reasonable films but get too much credit. They're overlong and not that memorable

Comment

In which film did their excrement get real?

Comment

I loved the first one...the second just went on and on and on for what seemed like days!

Martin Lawrence still being in showbiz surprises me...thought he'd be a postman or something by now after years of obscurity.

Comment

The second one suffered from "Return of the King" syndrome where you think it's ending then keeps on going.

The whole "Mexico" bit at the end was like a different film.

Comment

Sony Pictures has confirmed its release slate through 2017, announcing several fresh dates that confirm rumored projects in development including two further “Bad Boys” films, the first instalment in the adaptation of Stephen King’s “The Dark Tower” fantasy saga, the fifth “Underworld,” the final “Resident Evil,” the “Uncharted” film adaptation, a “Jumanji” reboot and more. […]

Dated for February 2017. Sony have also announced Bad Boys 4 for 2019

Comment

NBC has given the official order for a pilot for a TV series spin-off of the “Bad Boys” franchise starring Gabrielle Union’s Syd Burnett character from the second film. Currently untitled, Union’s character has left the DEA and now has a fresh start in her new job as an LAPD detective. There she’s partnered with […]

Sony's Bad Boys spin-off series for NBC has been given the go ahead and follows BB2's Syd Burnett character team up with a working Mom cop. Essentially, Bad Girls... which was an entirely different show wasn't it?

Comment

Sony Pictures is having another go at a third “Bad Boys” film with Moroccan filmmakers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah (“Gangsta,” “Snowfall”) in early negotiations to helm “Bad Boys for Life” which would reunite Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Smith and Lawrence played Miami police detectives in the first two installments, which were directed […]

Sony is having another stab at this with an aim to get it into production by August with the directors of the planned Beverley Hills Cop 4 attached

Comment

Working...
                              X