Gradius V - Coming again soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gradius V - Coming again soon?

How come no one has commented on this yet? Are there no more Gradius fans anymore??

According to magicbox...

Gradius V may soon appear on PS3, as the Treasure developed shooter has been examined by ESRB, an official announcement from Konami is still pending. The game was originally released on 2004 for PS2.

I'm super excited but I would have preferred it as DLC on the PS4 myself.

I'd love to see this in brain melting 4k. Shame the ps4 doesn't support it for games yet.

Comment

It'll just be the PS2 game on the PSN store. I'll probably still buy it again, but I'd be surprised if it was a shiny new HD version.

Comment

I'd prefer a new game. No way would I want to put another 200+ hours into this again.

Comment

You played this for 200+ hours? You have my deepest sympathy. I'd rather they released Gradius Deluxe Pack on PSN tbh.

Comment

Made it up to 2-6-3 IIRC, before playing something else. It's an amazing game.

There are some videos of crazy people playing it on loop 255.

Comment

I would love a version of this on the PS3 since my phat console with BC died. Haven't played it for ages. Not bothered about HD, but proper 16:9 would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                I'd prefer a new game. No way would I want to put another 200+ hours into this again.
                This would be beyond Konami's efforts these days I reckon. What a great studio, up there with Capcom, that vanished just to resurface each year with PES

Comment

I thought it was very much overrated. A very bland Gradius with admittedly outstanding production values.

Comment

Flipping amazing game. Proper shooter with none of those fancy bullets all over.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                      This would be beyond Konami's efforts these days I reckon. What a great studio, up there with Capcom, that vanished just to resurface each year with PES
                      GV was Treasure's effort, as long as Konami don't try to develop it in house, we won't have a third Otomedius.

Comment

Gradius V was co-developed by Konami, Treasure and G.rev.

Comment

Makes me want to buy a ps2 just to play it again, one hell of a great game

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Made it up to 2-6-3 IIRC, before playing something else. It's an amazing game.

There are some videos of crazy people playing it on loop 255.

OMG!! I've only just seen this and I'm stuggling to get past level 6!!!

Comment

Yikes!

I can't even finish the game on the easiest setting, so that was pretty humbling.

Interesting weapon choice though.
                              I'll have to try that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X