Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Che Musashi
    Originally posted by Ady
    I'm surprised no-ones mentioned Vice Citry; some of the worst loading I've seen this side of an 8-bit home computer.
    And after all that loading you'd at least expect some killer graphics instead you have a game that makes Disgaea look advanced. But that's what overhyped hooker killer sims look like.
    You people are hard to please. Yes, it takes forever to load but when it's done you have a huge area to move in without any loading whatsoever. Only when you go from one island to the other it has to load for a couple of seconds. I for one was very impressed with GTA3/VC loading times.

Clearly the worst offenders are the Final Fantasy games, as has already been mentioned.

And Kotor, that's pretty bad too.

Comment

Golden Sun drove me MAD.

MAAADDD..

MAD to the point where I never completed it.

I was at the last boss and everytime I died I had to click through what seemed like hours and hours of chat and animation.

Gave up in the end... shame really.

Also, MGS2... You can skip the cut scenes, but if you do.. you miss a vital part of the story. I remember the wife shouting at me because we HAD to leave and I had to switch the PS2 off, about 10 minutes into a cut scene. Lost my save and couldn't be bothered doing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by KesDragon
        You people are hard to please. Yes, it takes forever to load but when it's done you have a huge area to move in without any loading whatsoever.
        True enough, but this thread is about slow loaders and sluggish front ends, is it not?

Comment

It is, yes

Fine choices so far from all concerned... but everybody has missed the second part of my question, as regards games (particularly racers) which really, really needed a 'quick restart' option on their pause menu to avoid needless quitting-and-restarting shenanigans.

Maybe all games have quick restart these days. The last major offender for me was, as I say, Hydro Thunder on Dreamcast.

Comment

Clearly the worst offenders are the Final Fantasy games, as has already been mentioned.
            I'll agree to that. I was unable to play FF...Anthologies, was it, for FFVI because of the hideous loading times. Even to get into your menu took 4-5 seconds, and then another 5 seconds to leave it. Uhg, pure stupidity. ?_?

Comment

Soldier of Fortune for the DC. From switching the console on it seriously took 10+ minutes to start the game. ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Ziddy
                I'll agree to that. I was unable to play FF...Anthologies, was it, for FFVI because of the hideous loading times. Even to get into your menu took 4-5 seconds, and then another 5 seconds to leave it. Uhg, pure stupidity. ?_?
                In FFVI you had to fight 250 fights to change the cursed shield to a different much better shield. How they expected you to do that with the PSOne version I have no idea. On the SNES it was fine... but not a chance on those noisy CDs.

Comment

Corrrr, you spoilt people

I remember the days of the Commodore 64, and when those wretched Ocean film licenses and Hannah Barbera games by Hi-Tec appeared and introduced us to the concept of multiloading.

Ocean's were probably the most infuriating, especially with Robocop 3; minutes spent staring at a load of coloured lines vibrating around the screen, only to be greeted with a static "Ocean Presents..." logo before more coloured lines began their vibration!

Have to agree with Final Fantasy summons though; they're nice the first couple of times, but casting Knights of the Round for the umpteenth time gets a little tiresome...

Oh, and I'm new. Hello

Comment

Working...
                  X