Converting a collection NTSC > PAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting a collection NTSC > PAL

I have a good bit of Gamecube and Wii games for my NTSC consoles.

But was thinking of trying to get the same things PAL, and moving on my NTSC stuff.

Has anyone ever done the same, and is there a market for people wanting to do the same (but in the opposite direction obviously).

I've been slowly switching from PAL to NTSC-U retro stuff for the last few years (including the GC but most notably the SNES), so there's definitely a market out there!

Comment

i moved my entire PAL N64 to NTSC and my NTSC Gamecube to Pal a few years ago and found it pretty easy.

trading title for title, it was easier on the gamecube.

N64 was a bit different back in the day, pretty sure i found it better to sell my PAL N64 stuff and rebuy it in NTSC rather than trading.

Comment

Most of my collection is Gamecube, so that bodes well.

Comment

Why would you do that? Aren't the NTSC versions 'superior'?

Comment

The only way to get prog scan on the gamecube is to use the ntsc versions. Unsure why you would want a PAL collection.. ?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              The only way to get prog scan on the gamecube is to use the ntsc versions.
              Or a QOOB, or a Wii

Comment

I went PAL > NTSC a few years back on my GameCube collection. It worked out pretty evenly, but that was partly because I didn't buy all of the titles again and because some PAL games attracted a high selling price, like Twin Snakes ? paying for a couple of replacements. I did a mixture of trades on here and then buying and selling.

Comment

Working...
                X