No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They’re going to make that Amiga 1200 cd add on at some point. The people who worked on it originally are involved too.

Last edited by Brad; 07-10-2018, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      I will have to look into the 'laser' issue before buying one. I definitely think it's a nice system for Amiga fans, so I will probably pick one up at some point.
      Ultimate CD32 addon. No more laser problems either.

I take a look at the fantastic Terrible Fire 328 expansion for the Commodore Amiga CD32 console which adds extra RAM and an IDE interface, is the CD32 now th...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
        Ultimate CD32 addon. No more laser problems either.
        I will take a close look at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          I will take a close look at that.
          I just use Ultimate Amiga v2.0 on a Pi. Works flawlessly.

Comment

Still have my CD32 sitting unused in a spare room... Should try getting it out sometime. Only one one disc left to try on it though (an Amiga Power coverdisc). If it works.

Comment

Sold my 2 bang and olufsen telly’s (well, practically give them away!)

And replaced them with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                Should be much better. I had a B&O and didn't like it at all. Prefer my Sony Trinitron. I hope you enjoy your new screen for years to come.

Comment

Mmm, medical grade phosphor.

Comment

Seeing I have a de-blur N64 on the way soon, I thought I'd buy another controller to add to my collection. I like how it's a light gold colour, rather than being gaudy. The control stick and buttons are in perfect working order, so I'm happy with it.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 11-10-2018, 00:22.

Comment

Not much time for gaming at the mo, bought a Switch for dip into some gaming now and again, but retro wise, had a chance to just fit a 2.4GHz wireless kit to a Saturn controller.

I know there’s some licensed ones coming out using Bluetooth, but the Bluetooth Retrobit controllers have a different form factor and include analog sticks, so thought I’d give this a go :-)

Purchased from https://www.yoycart.com/Product/539345986855/ not quite plug and play as you have to swap the switches over for the shoulder buttons (I guess the switches in the official Saturn pads aren’t made anymore, plus they have a different feel to other switches so I’m actually glad it’s necessary to swap them over).

Will measure the power connector and see if it’s possible to get a USB charging cable. I’ve only used it briefly for a quick game of Sega Rally but it held up well.

Not much to look at here, but also replaced the battery backup SRAM with a FRAM chip. This means that when the battery dies in the console, the saved games are retained still (no more remembering to back them up!)

Comment

Such a good idea. Did the same some months back with some Pokémon GB titles as you may remember!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Such a good idea. Did the same some months back with some Pokémon GB titles as you may remember!
                          Yup! It was seeing them which reminded me of the guide I’d seen for the Saturn equivalent :-)

Comment

Erm. That’s extremely cool. The Saturn pad that is. Actually the other part is great too. I’ve fallen foul of a dead battery :/

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post

And replaced them with this.
                              Lovely monitor, 600 lines is great for retro gaming - like nostalgia with a quality twist. Phosphors really well suited to home environment. Mine still has servicing labels on the side, apparently she was from YC Cath Lab 003

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
                                Lovely monitor, 600 lines is great for retro gaming - like nostalgia with a quality twist. Phosphors really well suited to home environment. Mine still has servicing labels on the side, apparently she was from YC Cath Lab 003
                                Have you checked for urethra burn in? ;-)

Yeah they are great, I have the older 2053 model

Comment

Working...
                                X