This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeless people.

This is going to sound terrible, and think of me what you will as I'm going to say it anyway.

Stay the **** out of and away from my building. I don't care you have no where to sleep, you can't sleep in the basement, you can't sleep in the stairwell, you can't sleep in the doorway. I have no qualms shouting at you until you move or just calling the cops on your ass (and I hate calling the cops for stuff like that, I'm sure they have better things to do).

No, I don't have a spare dollar.
    No, I don't have any change.
    No, you can't have any of the money a work too much for.
    I refuse to feel guilty because I have a warm place to sleep.

Maybe I've been spoilt all my life by working, and living in areas where this wasn't such a problem. It just seems my building is being targeted by a couple of guys who think that a door that's not entirely closed is an invitation. Homeless people in Japan just sleep under bridges or in parks and don't disturb people like this. Downtown Calgary sucks in this regard.

Comment

At one point in my life i was homeless & sleeping on the streets yet i got myself out of it eventually. I never sat next to a cash machine begging in town all day like i have seen loads do, i actively went around trying to get myself out of that situation i was stuck in. Took time but i eventually got out.

Still it pisses me off when i get beggers pestering me in town on a night on my way home from work after i have busted my ass on a 12 hour shift. Nowdays i don't give nothing to nobody, why should i bust my ass at work all day for money then give that money to someone who just thinks it's ok to sit there with their hand out, there is always a way out of that life most just don't want to put the effort in they just blame everyone else for their situation.

The amount of lame ass sob stories i have heard beggars use to try & get me to part with cash is amazing.

Comment

Many, many years ago there was a homeless guy begging in Boston with a sign that read 'Need money for drugs and guns'. I thought it was funny and gave him money. As the years went on, I began to wonder if he was being sincere...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
          I'm not the only neighbour, all the surrounding neighbours around 4 doors either side are saying stuff too. I'm the only one round here that speaks to them, so, I don't want to upset anyone, but Andy, honestly, its non ****ing stop and its Loud mate.

Edit, I did feel a bit of animosity earlier when I saw the chap, and you're right. I smoke, I don't smoke in the house, so, now, I'm trying to enjoy a smoke in the garden, in the sun and I can hear is cock a ****ing doodle do. And, what makes it worse, they woke me up at 2am this morning. I'm not the only neighbour.
          Introduce a Fox into the situation.

Comment

2nd Irk of the day, I'm definitely off colour. I always clean my teeth, I regularly see the Dentist and I have no fillings or such for years.
            I do however smoke Cuban Cigars and when I'm not drinking alcohol, I mostly drink coffee, and the water, but too much coffee.

So, naturally my teeth get stained. On my last check-up, he said I needed a full scale and polish. This was over 2 sittings. My bottom teeth are perfect (save crooked teeth (3) which have always been refused to be taken out as they're solid and healthy, I've gave up asking as I always get the same answer. To the point then, my top teeth still have small stains on them, they stand out even more as the rest of my teeth are a 'kind of teeth white' colour.

Do I save up, go private, just say, Please can I have these stains removed! I always clean me teeth as I hate dirty teeth.
            I'm probably just better googling prices, but, if I go somewhere else for this treatment, will it get back to my dentist?
            Just, he is a nice doctor and I have no qualms really, I just want my top teeth, just below the gums cleaning better
            Just, when I get stains, I know brushing alone wont rid them, I've tried, believe me, I've tried..
            An Oral B electric one will lift the stains from coffee they are about 20 notes

Comment

I'm not the only neighbour, all the surrounding neighbours around 4 doors either side are saying stuff too. I'm the only one round here that speaks to them, so, I don't want to upset anyone, but Andy, honestly, its non ****ing stop and its Loud mate.

Edit, I did feel a bit of animosity earlier when I saw the chap, and you're right. I smoke, I don't smoke in the house, so, now, I'm trying to enjoy a smoke in the garden, in the sun and I can hear is cock a ****ing doodle do. And, what makes it worse, they woke me up at 2am this morning. I'm not the only neighbour.
              Fair play to you for being so patient, but i would questions someones sanity for bringing cockerels into an inner city, dense housing location. Dont they realise the effect of their actions on other residents- very inconsiderate indeed. Your obviously laid back, but constant noise pollution can be very stressful and can eventually make your life a misery, believe me i know.....

Better get yourself some good earplugs!

Comment

Music on as we speak, but, its going through a quiet period. Thanks for your feedback mate, it has helped

Comment

EE and Apple. I'm getting tired of both of them and ?200 to cancel my contract doesn't seem like a bad deal anymore.

I'd rather pay that and ?49 towards an Xperia Z2 than continue paying EE for no network, rude customer service and apple ?65 to replace the battery in the phone.

They've both had me running around in circle and I'm just tired now...

When I get flirty drunk texts :/
                  Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 15-04-2014, 21:04.

Comment

HTML. Tried Thunderbird as an email client and it doesn't have a way to create a decent signature without HTML and seems to be pretty twitchy about certain things even with that. Surely we're in the computing age of easy use and we shouldn't need to know HTML just to set up a basic mail signature? Reminds me of the DOS and Apple days of having to know magical start commands simply to find a file and load it.

Comment

Snow. Again, again.

Gets a little depressing considering it was sunny enough the other day that we could sit out on the balcony.

My exam.

Not having a fun time studying despite dropping down to just the one course at the last minute. There was also a stabbing at a house party near school that ended with 5 people dead and the son of a 33-year veteran of the Calgary Police Service being arrested. Nobody I know was involved that I know of.

Comment

The sun's out, but there are strong winds that could very well be straight from the artic regions, so temperatures are quite low (14 degrees). Heating is off, I'm here wrapped up in a blanket while Swiss people go around in short sleeves. If it weren't for the weather (and my massive vulnerabilty to cold), Switzerland would be a great country.

Comment

Officially the worse mass murder in Calgary's history

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            The sun's out, but there are strong winds that could very well be straight from the artic regions, so temperatures are quite low (14 degrees). Heating is off, I'm here wrapped up in a blanket while Swiss people go around in short sleeves. If it weren't for the weather (and my massive vulnerabilty to cold), Switzerland would be a great country.
                            Just be glad you dont have a cockerel crowing next door to you ;-)

Comment

Bloody right on! going crazy right now. Rolling Stones on quite loud to drown the infernal cockerel racket!

Comment

Don't tell me... Little Red Rooster?

If so, I recommend the Howlin' Wolf standard instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X