Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubicon juice, bleurgh the mango one makes me gip.

Comment

I have never heard of it either. Isn't Rubicon a planet? Or a conference for fans of gemstones?

UK fizzy drinks I miss since leaving the country: Lucozade, Lilt, Tango and of course the king of them all IRN BRU!

UK drinks I have never heard of: Rubicon, Zat, Po and Smalla and all the ones you guys are talking about.

Disqualified from the comparison: Vimto

Comment

I never had vimto but it looks vile.

You don't come across Lilt much anymore and when I do see it I feel the need to have it because it's been a while but soon after I'm reminded how that's a good thing.

Lucozade is ace. Love the original, orange, tropical and pink lemonade ones. Not too fond of some of the newer ones. Darwock when did you leave the UK did you get to try pink Lucozade?

Comment

Ribena is the only drink I miss from the UK. Bugger the rest.

This country can't hold a candle to the UK's selection of dilutey drinks. I daren't even type Robinson's Orange Barley in case I...

Aww, too late!

Comment

Pink lucozade? Witchcraft.

I left 9 years ago so that is new to me.

Comment

Lucozade recently brought out a series of drinks called "Revive". They're really tasty (especially the Orange and Acai one) and they're only 50 calories.

"Release your energy
              When it comes to vitamins, the Bs are hard to beat.
              Vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12 all help with everyday
              energy release. They’re what you’ll find in every low
              calorie bottle of Revive from Lucozade. And with
              Orange with Acai, you can enjoy a
              classic taste with a twist."

Welcome to Lucozade, the official home of the UK's favourite Lucozade soft drinks brand. Discover news, shop drinks, nutritional info, and ingredients.

The bugger is, no shops seem to stock it any more. A refreshing, low-calorie drink was a real treat!

Comment

That's the girl version of Zade chimp. You want 500ML of full sugar orange flavour.

They also recently introduced a melon flavour Lucozade, called Melonade. It tastes pretty crap though. I'd be surprised if they keep it on as a regular flavour.

Comment

Lilt! I miss that.
                  Do you guys have an annual Mountain Dew vote as to which alternative flavour will carry on for the year? The blue one won it last year, but this year Code Red is back and in the running.

A former student of mine works for Asahi beers, and briefly moved over to the soft drinks division. Then he moved back after trying to come up with 4+ new flavours every season. In beers they only ask for 1 or 2.

I found a can of vimto her a few years back. I think a guest from the UK must have left it tbh.

Comment

We get no votes we are lucky to even get mountain dew let alone other flavours, i don't think it comes in any other flavour than original in the UK at least, not that i have been looking out.

I remember the excitement at finding lucozade melonade hoping it would be like the japanese melon soda bought a bottle & then came the crushing dissappointment.

Comment

I've actually not tried the Orange and Acai, or any other besides lemon grass and ginger. I'll give it a go tonight, my local tesco still stocks them.

Japanese melon soda is lovely. Hardly ever find it and selling a bottle for ?2 at MCM Expo isn't cool. Used to drink a bottle and a couple cans of some Japanese coffee when I worked at Tokyotoys. Don't recall what the coffee was but it was amazing.

Comment

Ok team how shall we advertise this new soft drink form lucozade?

famous sports persoanlity?

no no thats been done

edgey black and white add with sweaty athletes?

your not trying are you

ok this ones a bit odd but how about we drop the product in a puddle of piss couloured liquid so the wee splashes everywhere?

Brillitant give this man a raise!!!!

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
                          I remember the excitement at finding lucozade melonade hoping it would be like the japanese melon soda bought a bottle & then came the crushing dissappointment.

Rank isn't it?

I like Melon Milk. I've bigged it up on here before. It's the bomb diggity. Another Japanese creation of course, with a can reminiscent of the Katamari Damacy box art.

Comment

The melon flavour is there but it's masked with too many other flavours thats why lucozade ruined it. The only viable way to have infinite melon soda is to win the lottery & import it by the crateload.

Comment

Or to move to Japan.

Comment

You have seen how much Japanese stuff i buy, i don't think the houses in Japan are big enough to cope if i lived there LOL. God help the day im there for a holiday, videogames i wouldn't bother with as i can get them easily from the UK. Food however oh dear me i'd be in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X