Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euuuuuuw. I didn't know that. I wouldn't be into that. Not my kind of movie. I remember seeing something like that in a very dodgy shop in Sweden decades ago and I wouldn't be going to the cinema to see it, especially not in 3D. Shame on you, Cameron. Shame on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Wait, what? I have never seen Avatar in its entirety. Tell me about the horses thing.
      The Na'Vi (that's what they were called, right?) ride the horses by mentally linking with them via a tentacle... Thing. Which they have.

They also do this with each other when they get it on.

Is that right? I'm honestly struggling to remember. Wasn't there a bat? And an oil monster played by Tim Curry?

Comment

Even on first watch the sex link thing seemed very odd. Then he captures that black monster looking creature and links with it forcibly until it submits doesn't he? That's like a whole university thesis right there just tackling that scene.

It's staggering to look back at Cameron's career over the last 25 years since he put out True Lies. Two films and a lot of self indulgence... if he was a games studio he'd be Polyphony

Comment

Walt Disney Pictures has just announced a massive overhaul of its release date schedule, one that now incorporates 20th Century Fox’s titles into it. In the process, it has jettisoned a few projects and delayed others – some by months, some by years – whilst also adding a few new ones of their own. It’s […]

Avatar 2 has been delayed by a full year to 2021, now releasing on 17 December 2021

Avatar 3 opens on 22 December 2023

Comment

There seems to be a pattern of films taking a lifetime to come out. This, like Indy, is now 12 years after the first! If you were 10 when the first came out, you will now be finishing University or could well have children of your own. By the 5th film you'd be 28. These aren't the longest gaps between films ever, but its almost long enough to warrant a reboot.
            I know Jim likes his tech, so perhaps this gap has been so the technology can catch up with his vision. Maybe he plans for a VR home release or something.

Comment

I predict...

Comment

110% I believe Disney quietly hates these films exist

Comment

Just don’t care anymore.

Comment

It's probably gunna cost Disney a billion just to make these. I had to laugh at Jim Camerons tweet congratulating Avengers. He's only 'happy' because Disney are now bankrolling him.

Comment

They seem very happy that they exist. Aren't they making a theme park world? They have another franchise to release at Christmas and dominate the box office with.

Edit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/3665288/disneys-new-avatar-theme-park-is-out-of-this-world-after-taking-five-years-to-build/

500 million spent on it and it looks fantastic. And they did this before the Fox merger. Disney love Avatar and I'm sure these will be massive films. The first was fun but flawed. The world is stunning, though.
                      Last edited by cutmymilk; 11-05-2019, 09:54.

Comment

Finally a release date for Avatar 5!

Does anyone actually care about the first Avatar? It has to have the greatest disparity between financial success and cultural impact ever. You never hear anyone say they love it or it’s their favourite film.

Comment

I’ll be amazed if they do anywhere near as well as the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            . You never hear anyone say they love it or it’s their favourite film.
                            I love it. I really don't get the hate that Cameron or his planned projects are getting. The man is a genius a true visionary and whose films always delivers. I can't wait for the next in the series.

Comment

I love it too. I rarely watch any film twice, but I’ve watched this (and the extended edition) seven times. Really looking forward to #2.

Comment

While the potential death of the theatrical experience seems to be sitting like a black cloud on the horizon for some film fans, one who has a more optimistic outlook is filmmaker James Cameron. Cameron’s “Titanic” and “Avatar” have held the top spot on the box office charts for more than twenty years, his work […]

James Cameron says he doesn't buy into projected outlooks that say cinema will die soon. He cites Endgame's success as proving that the cinematic event release is still possible and that the sequels to Avatar still have a chance of recreating that sense.

I can at least agree with him on this one, the 'death of cinema' has been predicted for decades now and is less close than it was when the predictions first started. It's going nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X