No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there are any films of recent years you haven’t gotten around to on your Netflix queue, you’ve got about a month left to watch them before they’re gone. Netflix has announced that they will not be renewing their deal with Epix with titles in that deal – namely any films from Lionsgate, MGM and […]

From October 1st Netflix will no longer host films from Paramount, Lionsgate or MGM.

Comment

I'm starting to get frustrated with the lack of permanence of Netflix. Films I know were there are gone when I want to watch them. It is failing me as a viewing platform.

Comment

I often find stuff that gets removed is still available in another region.

So if any of those films are distributed by different companies in other countries then they should still be available although I haven't read that link.

Comment

The idea is sound but it's going to get to the point where you have to be subbed to most the services. The cost of doing so outweighs any potential wait for them to appear on service. I'm assuming their success with their original content is why they're unwilling to bend too much to pay what distributors want to charge for licensing content but at some point they'll risk tipping from being a service to being a TV channel. That's years off but less choice could mean less subs and the big ones are the ones to keep.

Comment

What I find strange is the way really old content is removed. The Wraith is gone from UK Netflix and it's not like that film has any revenue coming in anywhere else.

Comment

Yep. They've removed a number of series I was in the middle of watching e.g. Dr who, initial d.

Comment

Just went to watch a star trek tng on Canadian Netflix. Low res, failed interlace conversion mess (episode 22 of season 1). Switched to US Netflix and it's the HD remastered version.

Comment

Don't dump those subscriptions until you've watched Narcos: http://www.netflix.com/title/80025172 - excellent stuff.

Comment

Netflix Japan tomorrow wooooo.

Can't wait to see what they'll have(Japanese subs alone will be a blessing).

Comment

I'll be needing DNS setting for my PS3 for that!

Comment

Checked Netflix Japan out this morning.

Unblock-Us already has it as a region option which is great.

Selection doesn't seem huge but it's early days. I noticed UK stuff like Mr. Selfridge, Derek and Trainspotting; U.S. stuff like Daredevil and Breaking Bad; even stand-up like Chris Tucker! Everything has Japanese subtitles, naturally.

They also have their own Japanese Netflix-only drama called Underwear.

Can't see any English subs for Japanese stuff but some does, like GITS2:Innocence. I guess whatever's available in other regions will have them. Regardless, everything has English descriptions. Strange!

Looking forward to tonight!

Comment

Brain Games is excellent

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Looking forward to tonight!
                            You've got a thrilling night ahead of you!
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "Seen it"
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "Ooh, that looks good!" "Seen it"
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "How abot this?" "Too heavy"
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "No" *Click*
                            "What's on telly?"

Comment

Haha probably!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                I'm assuming their success with their original content is why they're unwilling to bend too much to pay what distributors want to charge for licensing content but at some point they'll risk tipping from being a service to being a TV channel.
                                It concerns me; I've always liked their service; I signed up pretty much the day it became available in the UK - but regardless of what they think of their "original content", I didn't sign up to Netflix to watch that. I signed up for everything else. Bojack Horseman is great, but it's not enough to justify the expense.

Which is daft, really, when I consider how cheap it is. I just worry that their recent changes will remove the one thing I like about it - I can boot it up, and usually find something I want to watch. If that changes, I'll be out.

Comment

Working...
                                X