X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    M O V I E
    M O N D A Y

I set out to watch something meaningful, but ended up watching Game Over, Man.

It's a Neflix Original comedy about a group of three loser guys who are room maids in a Las Vegas hotel.
    I managed about 15 minutes before I got bored and went back to Jessica Jones s2, which isn't particularly enthralling either.
    All because I was avoiding playing MHW. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Comment

Like I say, I had it on in the background, and it made me laugh several times. Surely that's a result?
      DISCLAIMER: I am a simpleton.

Comment

S2 of Jessica Jones is disappointing, just as I suspected it would be. A few good moments in it but largely not worth the effort. Avoid.
        I mean it's better than Luke cage or black lightning or iron fist but not as good as S1 or daredevil.

Comment

I watched it QC.... Terrible movie! Haha... But thankfully I was shattered and just wanted to switch my brain off.

Comment

Yeah, it's what you need, sometimes.
            Paradoxically, I'm watching Icarus tonight, which is fascinating.

Comment

Yeah my wife wants to watch that and some other one (the good pill?) about US students taking Adderal and other drugs to assist in sports & learning... Sounds interesting.

Comment

I can't quite recall the name of the show but it's about photographers. it looks incredible. The inclusion of the wider colour gamut in relation to the new UHD spec for me is the real game changer. I actually now hate "normal" TV: colours look dull and washed out.

Comment

Godless.

Just amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    You say that, but then you'll meet Pickle Rick
                    that episode is ace it shows how far he will go to avoid having to look at his issues. The community has picked him up and turned him onto some sort of toxic meme for all the wrong reasons as that episode shows how broken rick is.

nothing can beat the kronenberg episode though that episode is dark.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 16-04-2018, 09:16.

Comment

29th June 2018 for GLOW Season 2

Comment

Excellent news. Loved GLOW season one was awesome.

Comment

Yeah, GLOW was good fun. I'll be watching S2.

Comment

Nightflyers.

Based on George R.R.R.R. Martin's 1980 Sc-Fi novella.
                            On the fringes of the universe, a scientific expedition made up of nine misfit academics has been tasked with studying the volcryn, a shadowy alien race. Yet there are potentially greater mysteries on their own ship: The Nightflyer, the only vessel available for the mission, is a technological marvel: fully autonomous and manned by a single human. Yet Captan Royd Eris cuts himself off from the crew, communicating through only voice or hologram, more resembling a ghost than a leader.

“Some of the fans of A Song of Ice and Fire seem to believe that I burst onto the writing scene full-grown with the publication of the first book of the series,” George R.R. Martin writes in the “Oldies But Goodies” section of his official website, “but actually I had been a professional writer for […]

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              George R.R.R.R. Martin's

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I can at least offer an anti-recommendation?

We watched 'The Circle' last weekend, which is up there as one of the worst films I have ever seen. On paper you could easily be lured in; the cast is full of recognisable names - Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Karen Gillan, Bill Paxton etc - and it's about a big social technology company over-reaching their influence. Maybe it's a bit like The Social Network?

No. It is not.

What It is, is an absolute stinker of the highest magnitude. The central theme - privacy in the information age - is handled with the nuance you would expect from trying to play a xylophone with a set of oars, and if you can get past the utter cheese of every bloody scene you still are left floundering, trying to find something in its one-dimensional and unconvincing characters. Watson's lead is exemplary in her utterly baffling flip-flopping between (what I assume was meant to be relatable) cynicism and then casual submission to the evil empire in question.

The ending is stunningly, contemptibly, morally bankrupt, and only serves to highlight how it has COMPLETELY missed the mark of trying to even comprehend, let alone offer valuable commentary on the issues with which it is trying to wrangle with.

Comment

I quite liked it. I know it's trash really but regardless

Comment

Working...
                                X