X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    That is true but it stung to read.
    It hurt to type it.

Liverpool Football Club have been very, very lucky to have Steven Gerrard - FACT.

The day he hangs up his boots will be a defining moment in the club's history. We have nobody coming through to replace him, let alone having the financial clout to go and buy somebody remotely close to his calibre.

But the facts have to be faced. We need to be in a position where we have a squad that allows him to be played further forward in midfield (not this Xabi Alonso-esque role that BR currently has him doing) for either 60 minutes a match or as an option off the bench.

Comment

Agree with all the above, we really need to get back on track with a good win today.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
        Last week it didnt help playing that formation against a midfield heavy team like Arsenal.
        Plus, it's ridiculous to play 3 at the back with teams that play 1 up front.

It will be different today I think.

We need Enrique back, Cissokho is awful.

Once Coutinho gets back to proper match fitness, hopefully he'll click into that Suarez and Sturridge partnership. It could be amazing.

Comment

Liverpool were certainly a better squad under Benitez, I just find them really easy on the eye now, more so. I think Rodgers is doing a very good job considering the funds he has available to him.

Comment

Yes, come on red men. Let's get out there and party with ball. I wanna see Coutinho breakdance one to Suarez, and Suarez moonwalk it in. Sturridge just dancing his celebration and causing goals.

Remember when the Man U thread was nearly always stuck to the top of this forum? Seriously, there were loads of fans here. What has happened?

Comment

Rodgers is doing great with the resources he has.

Rafa will always be my hero, that night in Istanbul will forever be the greatest night of my life.

But, during Rafa's reign, we were on a totally different level...we were ranked #1 in Europe and any player in the world would have considered us if we'd have paid up.

Now, we're struggling to attract any top players. We missed out on Miktarian and Diego Costa last window. A few years ago it would have been totally unthinkable that these players would choose Dortmund and Atleti over us. They're both having great seasons too.

It's a shame, but until we get back in the Champions League or we are taken over by a Billionaire who will pay way over the odds on fees and wages, this is how it's going to be. It's a catch 22 in that regard.

Let's just hope we can sneak 4th this season. If we do, Rodgers deserves so much credit considering the money continually spent by City, Chelsea, Spurs etc And the already strong squads of Arsenal and Champions, United.

Comment

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Bad day at the office for Liverpool at Hull. To be fair, Hull's set up at the back has worked a treat for them.

Comment

Comical scenes. LFC dire from the off. Brendan's defensive tinkering backfired and the less said about Moses the better. PPG rate dwindling fast.

Comment

Not good at all was it. Two points between 2nd and 8th in the table. It's games like this that do us in season after season.
                    Could have lived with a point, and fair play to Hull, got the result they wanted.

Comment

2 home games now though.

Comment

2 home games now though.
                        Maximum points (which will now definitely be needed) from those two homes games against Norwich & West Ham are not guaranteed at all based on this afternoon's shower of sh1te performance, especially with Sturridge now out for up to two months. I can see those two coming to Anfield and setting up to frustrate (how many times have we seen that over the Premier League years?).

Oh, and what was the point on spending the best part of ?15m on Sakho if he isn't going to start? I'm looking at Rodgers' summer business and increasingly failing to see any balance/depth to the squad.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-12-2013, 16:48.

Comment

Moses and Sterling were absolute ****e, they gave no attacking intent to the team at all. Its the wide attacking areas where the club needs more cover.

Oh and Flanagan is never going to be at a standard to regularly play for the club.

Comment

Although he was poo against Arsenal, I thought he played well today and in the derby, in my opinion.

Comment

Sure we have seven PL games this month, and all of them without Sturridge, really fear we could be in for a pretty bleak December unless they manage to improve on these tactics and follow through with some killer performances.

Comment

Although he was poo against Arsenal, I thought he played well today and in the derby, in my opinion.
                                I don't even think he was bad against Arsenal.

Sadly, I'm not sure that there's a future for him, Jack Robinson & Martin Kelly at the club (Kelly surely won't become a centre-half for us now like many have predicted, not with the amount of defenders we have in the squad now).

Comment

Working...
                                X