No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think there will be some goals, whether we score more than them is different matter. Got to be positive hoolak!

I'll plumb for a 2-1 to us, Suarez to get the winner late on.

Comment

Yeah, well I think we can win. Could go any way this one.

Comment

MY heart says we can win but my head is saying draw or defeat (edging towards the latter - narrowly).

As long as we can maintain our current 2pts per game average over the next 4 or 5 fixtures (which would probably involve taking at least a point from Woodison), then I could probably deal with losing at the Emirates.

Next 5 league matches after Arsenal away:

Fulham (H) - Should be a win
        Everton (A) - A win here would be amazeballs but a point would be acceptable - Lukaku seems to enjoy scoring against us!
        Hull (A) - Should be a win, but Steve Bruce sides have had the indian sign over us in recent times.
        Norwich (H) - Should be a win
        West Ham (H) - Allardyce's men will play sh1thouse football with express intent to get a point at least, but it's hard to see us not winning.

So at least 13pts ideally should be the aim from that lot (not counting the Arsenal game tomorrow).
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-11-2013, 12:44.

Comment

Liverpool have become a team I find myself looking forward to watching. Bet you lot never expected that!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Liverpool have become a team I find myself looking forward to watching. Bet you lot never expected that!
            You have surprised me! But yeah, I think we are playing nice (first half) footy this season.

Comment

Credit where credit is due. I never liked them to watch under Houllier or Benetez for the most part. However they are blossoming at the moment. I like good football being a neutral fan.

Comment

Credit where credit is due. I never liked them to watch under Houllier or Benetez for the most part. However they are blossoming at the moment. I like good football being a neutral fan.
                What league are Neutral FC in?

Comment

All of them.

Comment

Credit where credit is due. I never liked them to watch under Houllier or Benetez for the most part. However they are blossoming at the moment.
                    Not really. Liverpool's midfield at present isn't nearly good enough. It showed against Arsenal and it will show against the other top PL sides. Gerrard (sad to say it) no longer looks like he should be first-team and Lucas doesn't look like he'll get back to being what he was 18 months+ ago. Joe Allen and Jordan Henderson can't be faulted for effort and/or work-rate but they're not good enough either. Luis Alberto has potential but he's too young and raw at present. Quality central midfield buys needed in January, especially if Liverpool want in on top-four.

Liverpool's good start this season has been down to a easy-ish opening set of fixtures. Tougher tests await in the next 10 games.

Xabi Alonso, Mascherano and a prime Gerrard in central and attacking midfield for Liverpool under Benitez? Give me that anyday of the week.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-11-2013, 12:29.

Comment

Last week it didnt help playing that formation against a midfield heavy team like Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        Last week it didnt help playing that formation against a midfield heavy team like Arsenal.
                        It was always a recipe for disaster with an ageing Gerrard and a not-mobile-at-all Lucas.

In fact, I'd argue that in quite a few matches this season Liverpool have been overrun in midfield, difference being that Suarez & Sturridge have helped mask it to a degree by scoring early goals.

Long-term, I do feel that Liverpool need to be playing either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, but we will need vastly better central midfielders than what we currently have at the club.

Comment

I dont think I agree with you regarding Lucas. The system the team are currently playing is the reason there have been problems with the team getting over run. I do, however, share your views on Gerrard.

Sakho has been horrendous since he arrived and we all know what Skrtel is like. Agger is a big miss when he isn't available, hes the best defender the club have. The way the league is shaping up at the moment I think they'll be in with a shout of the top four.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                            I dont think I agree with you regarding Lucas. The system the team are currently playing is the reason there have been problems with the team getting over run. I do, however, share your views on Gerrard.

Sakho has been horrendous since he arrived and we all know what Skrtel is like. Agger is a big miss when he isn't available, hes the best defender the club have. The way the league is shaping up at the moment I think they'll be in with a shout of the top four.
                            Sorry mate. I have plenty of time of Lucas Leiva but he and Gerrard aren't currently good enough to be our central midfield. Neither of them are mobile enough and have pretty much been overrun whenever they've come up against more dynamic and mobile opposing midfielders, even in this 3-4-1-2 that we've adopted. Cover/competition for Lucas in defensive-midfield should've been brought in during the summer and it needs to be addressed during January if we're to challenge for top-four in the second half of the season.

Funnily enough, I fully agree with you about Agger but I don't actually think that Sakho has been that bad at all. He's had wobbly moments sure but he looks technically capable with the ball at times, which is obviously more than you can say about Skrtel who was dreadful against Arsenal.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-11-2013, 20:07.

Comment

The sooner Agger is involved along with Enrique, the better. In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Gerrard (sad to say it) no longer looks like he should be first-team
                                That is true but it stung to read.

Comment

Working...
                                X