No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Googled it. My eyes melted out of their sockets whilst my brain leaked out my ears. I believe sir, that you are a masochist!

Comment

Heh, no-one ever got to solve it, or receive the $2 million prize. Think the best result was 467 matching edges (out of 480). Shame the solution (if there even is one) was never shared with everyone that bought the puzzle.
      The Yahoo group for it is still pretty active even to this day.

Comment

A defeat today would be the icing on the cake really. Possibly 1 point from the last 9.

Sure it's all a big improvement from last year and of late.

If you think we'll be in a better position to win the league (needing seven points from final three games) in the next couple of seasons I really hope you're right because I really can't see it.
        A great opportunity totally pissed away in the last fortnight.

Says it all, when your luck goes, it goes big time.

Last edited by VR46; 11-05-2014, 15:01.

Comment

But we won 2-1!

Come on Mr H., you're letting things get to you.

We came 2nd, are in the champs league and I imagine we will have the 'luxury' of attracting some top class players now we are back on the centre stage.

Who knows how next season will go, but I imagine with some quality signings we'll be in the mix again.

Exciting times ahead for sure.

Comment

It's just the knowing what could have been that winds me up, SG's slip and then him and Rodgers not tightening up when Palace scored not one but two etc.
            Hope I really am wrong and we're in the mix next season of course.
            No worries about Suarez going to Real?

Comment

Going on what I have read, Suarez seems very happy at the mo'.

I imagine some quality signings will also show our ambition, which is a thing he looks for.

Can't see him going to Real tbh, but if he did, we would probably want at least ?80+ million for him. The owners have shown they don't roll over if a club comes sniffing around.

If Real did come in for him, I imagine it would be a player plus cash deal (?60 million).

I think either way, be it he stays or goes, we'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                If Real did come in for him, I imagine it would be a player plus cash deal (?60 million).
                Feck that. It would have to be Gareth Bale-type money, and nothing less.

Players from Real Madrid would have to want to agree to go for a player-and-cash trade to work - unlikely.

Comment

So pleased he's over it. I'm not.

England captain Steven Gerrard says that he is "over" his slip for Liverpool against Chelsea, and is ready to lead his country at the World Cup.

Comment

Second player incoming by the looks of it. Emre Can. Only seen him play a couple of times and he did look decent

Liverpool agree a deal in principle with Bayer Leverkusen for Germany Under-21 midfielder Emre Can.

Comment

Talks have apparently started today with Barca over the possible sale of Suarez

Barcelona tell Liverpool they are prepared to meet the £70m-plus release clause in striker Luis Suarez's contract.

Comment

It's safe to assume that he's going.

That is unless Barca try to lower his price to the point of being ridiculous, say circa ?60 million and no player in exchange.

We've been in a similar situation before (losing Torres), and we did ok. There is no reason why we can't do the same again.

Comment

Exactly, think we'll get ?65M for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                            Exactly, think we'll get ?65M for him.
                            Unless we're talking ?65m + Alexis Sanchez, that is garbage. Any straight cash offer has to be in the ?75m - ?80m bracket, surely?

I really hope FSG & Ian Ayre aren't that stupid - they hold all the aces here.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-07-2014, 10:39.

Comment

Yes seems more like ?75M cash or Sanchez plus cash. Should all be resolved over the weekend alledgedly.

Comment

It may be inevitable, but a touch premature

Comment

Working...
                                X