No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didn't create much though. I think it would have been 00 had Gerrard not slipped. Gutted.

Comment

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Rogers should have had a more conservative approach to this game.

Every knew what the game plan would be from Chelsea.

A draw would have been a result as the point may prove pivotal at the end of the season.

Can't legislate for mistakes from our players tho'.

Test of character for the next game.

Comment

Yep all we can do is win the next two and hope City slip up against Everton or someone.

Comment

Gutted but can't see Man city slipping now,we had our chance to with the league

Comment

I'm a big fan of Rodgers, but I don't have much time for his post-match comments yesterday. Chelsea may have played anti-football and parked two buses, but Liverpool have to be able to adapt their game to deal with such displays if they want to consider themselves title contenders and a Champions League team.

I'm certainly no fan of the Mourinho way of playing (it was so clear that we wouldn't see a single player in blue outside of their own half after the first goal was scored), but everybody knows what his approach is and Liverpool were naive in thinking they could just play their usual football.

Comment

I guess Rodgers aint no poker player, because of the evidence yesterday he doesn't know when to hold, when to fold or when to ante up. So every man & dog knew chelsea would park the bus. So Rodgers should have thought ok we will hold, we are 5 points ahead of you if you want to win the title you need to come beat us, so if he had held and got a draw Liverpool would still be 5 points clear of chelsea and even if city won their games in hands 2 points clear of them. So pragmatism won the day,i guess that 180 page dossier we hear loads about is missing pages under P, so he can fill it in now, and know they might lose title for wanting to play attacking football rather than not losing.

Comment

To be fair mr bubbles, Liverpool have always been an attacking side and Brendan Rodgers even said it was not in the club's nature to deviate too much from that... Plus this style of play is what brought them to the top spot in the first place. Liverpool didn't have Henderson in mid field who helps push the team forward and sturridge was struggling with an injury so the squad was not at full pelt...

I'm still positive that Liverpool can still win this league as it has always been the 'lesser' teams that have taken points away from the top of the league teams in crucial times like this...

Man city still have a tall task ahead and Everton scrambling for 4th place won't want to lose points to anyone in their last games... It's all in the balance and still a lot to play for... If Liverpool win their last two games and scored a shed load of goals they have won...

Last edited by 112; 28-04-2014, 08:23.

Comment

I think the Gerrard slip didn't help.

Comment

The issue is an inability to adapt to circumstances though, isn't it. Liverpool will encounter many more important games where teams are set up to prevent Liverpool from playing their style of football, and they must have the depth of approach to being able to deal with that. Rodgers might be able to maintain that Liverpool hold the moral high ground with their approach, but the other team would walk away with the 3 points or progress in a tournament.

Comment

Rogers is a young manager and seems to be good at learning from experience and adapting his tactics and approach, so I think he probably will take a more pragmatic approach in similar matches in the future.

See the way he went from being obsessed with possession last season to making Liverpool get the ball up the pitch and attack much more quickly this season (dropping from the top three in average possession last term to ninth highest this term). From a man who once said "The only stat I care about is possession," this shows that he can adapt his approach and philosophy when it's of benefit to the team.

Obviously too late for yesterday but I expect he will definitely learn from the experience.

Comment

In a way the teacher (mourinho) is still teaching the student (Rodgers). Still so exciting to follow this season...

Comment

Barca has 81% possession in a game a few weeks back and lost. Stats call for nothing if you can't put the ball in the back of the net sadly.
                          Hopefully we can win the next two games 5-0 and see what happens with Man City.

Comment

There were chances where we could have got a goal which would have made them open up to our advantage. We would of only got a goal by attacking. It's not impossible to score against a bus parking team.

Personally, I didn't want Liverpool to play them at their own game. I wanted to see us penetrate and punish. The slip up caused us to go at it too far in the end.

I take yesterday's game as a compliment. Another example of how far we've come. Learn lessons for next season. Strengthen. Keep scoring loads of goals. Champion's friggin League!!
                            Last edited by hudson; 28-04-2014, 14:45.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                              Barca has 81% possession in a game a few weeks back and lost. Stats call for nothing if you can't put the ball in the back of the net sadly.
                              Hopefully we can win the next two games 5-0 and see what happens with Man City.
                              Stats are the best. Put this in your pipe and smoke it ...

Previous Match Infographics: Norwich (a) , Manchester City (h) , West Ham (a) , Tottenham (h) , Sunderland (h) , Cardiff (a) , Manchester U...

Comment

Don't get me wrong I love all stats and mathematical problems, I spent over two years trying to solve the Eternity II puzzle - Google it.

Comment

Working...
                                X