No announcement yet.

The Crew (PS4, XBO, PC) - Ubisoft Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say this doesn't feel particularly special. the graphics although shiny in places seem a bit... flat? I don't know. Handling is extremely average, the first time you change cars, you basically get a slightly twitchier version of what you were just driving. Sense of speed isn't amazing. Just feels like a bargain bin PS2 racer with semi next gen graphics and an open world format. Also the attempt at story just fell flat on its face with me. Shame really, the PS4 is screaming out for a good racer still.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
      EDIT: Marty do you know the download size please. Just redeemed my code on Xbox.com also.
      Xbox One download is 15.57GB

Played the Xbox One and PS4 versions back-to-back. PS4 wins. They look pretty much the same but PS4 is loads smoother on framerate and loads in half the time. Seems okay plays quite well currently lacking polish but I'll forgive that given it's a beta. Not fair to compare it to FH2 at the moment as it's simply no competition.
      Last edited by MartyG; 06-11-2014, 19:25.

Comment

I've got a feeling this is timed access to the final product, feels like a happy 20 quid purchase. It's fairly meh, weakest aspect being the handling model which has a whiff of PS2 era budget racer about it

Comment

I played for about 45 minutes last night (Xbox One), I have spent about 40 hours on Forza Horizon 2 in the last month and it really felt like a poor relation, guessing this is almost the final build, no way an essential day one purchase but sure I will pick it up when there is a lull. Loading times on the One were a lifetime it felt.

Comment

I have a spare EU code for the PS4 beta. PM if you want it. Goes to first person to PM.

Comment

Given up after an hour of wrestling with the controls...the handling is awful on all the cars I tried. Seems you either get barge like handling or cars with ice for tyres.

It reminds me of those Crashtime games but without the wacky German accents...

Comment

I think they've spent far too much time on the cut scenes, and nowhere near enough on the actual game judging by this Beta...

Comment

Handling - crap. Sense of speed - non existent. Concept and game structure looks compelling though, so if they now spend time on these 2 elements could be a purchase for me. Or I just finally give in, buy a XBone and FH2!

Comment

Tried the ps4 beta and its abit like NFS on the run, with the freedom of fuel. Dont know, could be alright....

Comment

I definitely feel I could go through this fine enough on the cheap, after a while I got used to the wonky driving model. I gave up on the missions and cruised to Vegas to see somewhere I would know. The strip is the usual rough game interpretation but LA and San Francisco were full on generics-ville. The world map is large but the whole US aspect is a lie they would have been better off avoiding and focusing on a well designed district like Horizon does instead.

Comment

Won't be any reviews before release, nothing like confidence in your product eh.

Full long winded blog link saying it's not an embargo but press will only get copies on day of release too

Comment

This turd is gonna sink quicker than the Titanic.

Comment

I see this slipped out into the shops. Can't find a thread about it, so I take it you lot stayed well away from it then?

Comment

Its a real suprise, a real on but i think it s really rather good, , it shows a lot of promise, and only done 2 hours but i like it, just dont expect Horizon 2 graphics thats for sure, it looks quite dated, but the handling model is really really good.

Comment

If the online is robust and you can race with friends in a social manner and do team objectives then I'm all in! If however it's buggy/laggy/kicks connections and doesn't have compelling gameplay mechanics then I'm not spending a penny on it until stable.

Comment

Working...
                                X