Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWG Games with Gold Xbox LIVE - GOLD Subs - Free game every 1st and 16th of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap, I was hoping they'd do Jedi Starfighter! Hopefully they'll give away The Clone Wars on OGXB, too.

Comment

Frogware’s Sherlock games are superb!

Comment

'Joy Ride Turbo'?

Fnaar.

Comment

December 2019 Delights

Xbox One
          Insane Robots - All December
          Jurassic World Evolution - Dec 16th-Jan15th

Xbox 360
          Toy Story 3 - December 1st-15th
          Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD - December 16th-31st

[Source]

Comment

Jurassic World Evolution!

Comment

Mirror of Fate HD, too!

Comment

Been playing THE FINAL STATION tonight. It's bloody brill!!!

You're a train driver. It's some kind of emergent zombie apocalypse situation kicking off. It has cutesy pixel graphics and a mood that feels like INSIDE channeling Professor Layton visuals. It's a 2D survival horror train management game with a viewpoint that channels SKOOL DAZE. With twinstick gunplay and charged punches when you're outta bullets (which is often).

It feels like Dawn of the Dead mixed with Thomas the Tank. Verrrrry goooood.

Comment

What is the new year bringing? (January 2020 titles)

Xbox One
                  Styx: Shards of Darkness - January 1st-31st
                  Batman: The Telltale Series - January 16th-February 15th

Xbox 360
                  Tekken 6 - January 1st-15th
                  LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - January 16th-31st

[Source]

Comment

February 2020 delights on Games with Gold

Xbox One
                    TT Isle of Man - 1st-15th February
                    Call of Cthulhu - 16th Feb-15th March

Xbox 360
                    Fable Heroes - 1st-15th February
                    Star Wars Battlefront - 16th-29th February (yes, the original one that was on the Xbox)

[Source]

If bikes behaved like they do in TT Isle of Man in real life, you'd not get around the first corner.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

If bikes behaved like they do in TT Isle of Man in real life, you'd not get around the first corner.
                      I'm downloading it now. Is it pants? Was looking forward to playing something a bit different....

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        I'm downloading it now. Is it pants? Was looking forward to playing something a bit different....
                        Hide 'n' seek?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Yes it's pants - and in fact the TT circuit really isn't that interesting once you've gone around it once. If you'd never ridden a bike, then maybe it'd have a little more appeal, but I can't see many bikers thinking, yes, this is great.

Comment

I'm quite enjoying it, you have to tweak the controls a bit. I did have all the ps2 TT games which were excellent. Personally I love the Isle of Man TT, follow it on the wireless every year and I've been there on holiday (not during race sadly).

Comment

The Isle of Man TT itself is great, it's just becomes tedious in the game - 20 minutes+ to go around the circuit (perhaps you can get this sub 20, but the controls mean you're never going to be getting true laps) and the default race length in the game is four laps - you don't follow a single racer on TT TV coverage for four laps because it isn't interesting, and that goes doublely so for this game.

I might try tweaking the controls, but even then, this will be average at best.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 04-02-2020, 07:26.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                The Isle of Man TT itself is great, it's just becomes tedious in the game - 20 minutes+ to go around the circuit and the default race length in the game is four laps - you don't follow a single racer on TT TV coverage for four laps because it isn't interesting, and that goes double so for this game.

I might try tweaking the controls, but even then, this will be average at best.
                                I would follow it on TV That's my one criticism of it. I love the NW200 coverage as you get the full races, I don't like highlights packages. I have blu rays with the onboard laps and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X