Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The already irritating Sam Smith doing a bone idle cover of the already annoying I Feel Love, excrutiating

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      The already irritating Sam Smith doing a bone idle cover of the already annoying I Feel Love, excrutiating
      Was going to do that as a irk to, sounds almost identical instrument wise just worse vocals and i really thought what was the point

Comment

Chiropractors, wife was watching some vids in youtube and so many of them looked dangerous also doing that scraping thing on the skin looked really bad to. Also reminded when i went to see one years ago....did no scans or x rays which was worrying and few days after my shoulder had extreme pain which i never had before

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          Chiropractors, wife was watching some vids in youtube and so many of them looked dangerous also doing that scraping thing on the skin looked really bad to. Also reminded when i went to see one years ago....did no scans or x rays which was worrying and few days after my shoulder had extreme pain which i never had before
          Up near here an old guy had his neck broken and was killed at one.

Comment

No idea who Sam Smith is but for me the original is a classic, one of the first electric dance song's with Summer's awesome vocals.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
              No idea who Sam Smith is but for me the original is a classic, one of the first electric dance song's with Summer's awesome vocals.
              My fav cover of it is

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                Was going to do that as a irk to, sounds almost identical instrument wise just worse vocals and i really thought what was the point
                The first time I heard it about a week ago on Radio 2, even the DJ said "did...did this need to be made? Who wanted this?!"

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  That goes on sale a lot. I bought it for that a while ago. Keep an eye out and I'm sure it'll pop up again.

It's a nice version - looks great in HD.
                  Got it! Went down to Morrisons about 9pm to get some beers, grabbed a £15 Live gift card.

Ended up getting Space Channel 5 Part 2 for £1.69 as well. Thats £1.69 for a 1.66gb install. Pretty close ratio.

Also rebought SOR2 vanilla for £1.69, inexplicably. It's kinda for the cheevz but also in a "I wanna support SEGA" kinda way.

That's *wrong*. If I was on fire, would SEGA arrive via helicopter to put my own personal fire out with a cynical piss?

(don't think so.)

Comment

Decided to re-install SHINOBI off my old 360 account onto the XB1 thinking it would take, like, five minutes

It's a 474.70 MB install??????!!!!!! Whaaart the fuuuuuurk....

Comment

Another one - Generations

Outside the basic premise of Grandparents, parents, kids being three generations of a family it's such a pop-culture empty term that continues to grow in misuse. The current OK Boomer wave simply reflects the level of ignorant use of the term. They're so amazingly poorly defined (I'm pretty much simultaneously Gen X, Gen Y and a Millennial all at the same time), somehow don't really exist pre-Baby Boomer and are essentially something that exists for no other reason than to make negative sweeping generalisations about people in exactly the same way we're otherwise instructed its wrong to do.

For those who regularly rely on those classifications and think Millennial or OK Boomer is a suitable, accurate or clever response to anything - they're not responding to a problem, they're part of it. A little less generational bias, a little more realism.

And the fact that someone responding to this with OK Boomer would be an expected response merely confirms the accuracy of this irk

Comment

OK Boomer.

Comment

Outside the basic premise of Grandparents, parents, kids being three generations of a family it's such a pop-culture empty term that continues to grow in misuse. The current OK Boomer wave simply reflects the level of ignorant use of the term. They're so amazingly poorly defined (I'm pretty much simultaneously Gen X, Gen Y and a Millennial all at the same time), somehow don't really exist pre-Baby Boomer and are essentially something that exists for no other reason than to make negative sweeping generalisations about people in exactly the same way we're otherwise instructed its wrong to do.

For those who regularly rely on those classifications and think Millennial or OK Boomer is a suitable, accurate or clever response to anything - they're not responding to a problem, they're part of it. A little less generational bias, a little more realism.

And the fact that someone responding to this with OK Boomer would be an expected response merely confirms the accuracy of this irk

Also make no F*****G sense whatsoever too, baby boomer generation was post war late 50's early 60's.

Not that any of these halfwit kids would even know what ww2 was anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Also make no F*****G sense whatsoever too, baby boomer generation was post war late 50's early 60's.

"Generations make no sense!"

Originally posted by fishbowlhead

"I hate the younger generation!"

Anyway, I don't think that's quite true about Boomers. The Boomer generation goes from 1945/6 up till the early 60s I believe. My Mum was born in 1945 and considers herself a Boomer, which I would say is accurate.

I agree generations generally aren't all that helpful and are often misunderstood though. Some of my work concerns financial services businesses, many of whom still seem to think of Millennials as 'young people', when they really aren't - most of us are in our thirties now.

Comment

Millennials are a forgotten generation. As are genX. Culture seems to assume it goes from Boomer to Teenagers with nothing between.

Comment

Depends on your perspective but I know a lot of industries are desperate to appeal to Millennials as much as possible, as they're the key 'wealth accumulators' now (Boomers have the most cash but, basically, are going to die a lot sooner and many are already retired so not making a whole lot more money).

Comment

Working...
                                X