Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    I'm hoping nothing happens to Oda, i'm wayyyy too invested in onepiece after watching it for 20 years i need to see the end or i will be devastated. Same goes for the VA cast we already lost one but it won't be the last i'm sure as some are getting on in years.
    Forgive my ignorance but who was it that passed away from the VA cast?

You make a really valid point about One Piece though. We're quite far into Wano which has been the longest arc in the series so far. I've heard there won't be that many more years left to go after the current arc ends which would be wise on Oda's behalf as he'll be turning 50 at the start of 2025 (I'm sure he's thinking of how to take the series into its final arc/conclusion as I can only assume he wants to spend more time with his family and/or take a more relaxed approach to doing illustrations occasionally after finishing One Piece).

Comment

I decided to start watching Darling in the Franxx about a week ago. Despite initially thinking it will be just a mecha action show its explored some interesting themes in 18 episodes I've watched so far. I've only got another 6 eps to go so hopefully it ends strongly.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Forgive my ignorance but who was it that passed away from the VA cast?

You make a really valid point about One Piece though. We're quite far into Wano which has been the longest arc in the series so far. I've heard there won't be that many more years left to go after the current arc ends which would be wise on Oda's behalf as he'll be turning 50 at the start of 2025 (I'm sure he's thinking of how to take the series into its final arc/conclusion as I can only assume he wants to spend more time with his family and/or take a more relaxed approach to doing illustrations occasionally after finishing One Piece).

Unshō Ishizuka the VA who gave the voice to the admiral Borsalino he sadly died in 2018 his voice was super unique too not an easy one to replace but they got someone to fill in and they do an amazing job in the few scenes that took places after his death. Not sure if Borsalino will appear again in any new arcs though from now on.

Comment

Unshō Ishizuka the VA who gave the voice to the admiral Borsalino he sadly died in 2018 his voice was super unique too not an easy one to replace but they got someone to fill in and they do an amazing job in the few scenes that took places after his death. Not sure if Borsalino will appear again in any new arcs though from now on.
          Sorry, I thought you meant a member of the core cast (I know some of the older VAs have passed away such as the original voice actor for Whitebeard and I think the one for Smoker as well but that's going to happen when the anime runs for 20+ years).

You'd hope Oda has given the series VAs a heads-up on when he plans to finish One Piece. Much as I like them in their roles Mayumi Tanaka, Hiroaki Hirata and co. aren't getting any younger. I think that's why we will see the end of the series in the next 4-5 years (fingers crossed but it'd be very sad if any of the core cast pass away before the series' end).

Edit: A quick check online shows that many of the core cast are in their mid-50s with Tanaka the oldest at 66 years old. I know Japanese are known for long lifespans but still.
          Last edited by Paddy; 23-05-2021, 11:25.

Comment

watching a couple of things like parasyte and dr stone but i still love my hero academia

i dont mind the amount of characters and actually loving finding out about class 1B and most of them are just superb characters

but the last two episodes of boku no hero which would be episode 9 and 10 of season 5 have been nothing short of amazing

the whole bakugo transformation and black whip - loved it

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
              watching a couple of things like parasyte and dr stone but i still love my hero academia

i dont mind the amount of characters and actually loving finding out about class 1B and most of them are just superb characters

but the last two episodes of boku no hero which would be episode 9 and 10 of season 5 have been nothing short of amazing

the whole bakugo transformation and black whip - loved it
              Just started re-watching My Hero with Chloe from the beginning
              She has developed an obsession with the characters thanks to watching random You-Tubers creating videos of the characters from it using something called Gatcha something or other but she asked to watch it with me, 5 episodes in & she loves it so far

I'm so excited to share it with her as I love it & getting to enjoy it with her is fantastic

Neil

Comment

Aha Neil well I can show you photos of my 10 year old wee girl loving full metal alchemist, demon slayer and she adores my hero

We've watched everything together upto the movie after season 4, I get my kids again in August and currently season 5 is upto episode 10 so gonna watch all that with her

Also as a dad keep an eye on gatcha, there is another called gatcha dark and my wee girl was caught on it, same thing but with much more adult themes

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                  Aha Neil well I can show you photos of my 10 year old wee girl loving full metal alchemist, demon slayer and she adores my hero

We've watched everything together upto the movie after season 4, I get my kids again in August and currently season 5 is upto episode 10 so gonna watch all that with her

Also as a dad keep an eye on gatcha, there is another called gatcha dark and my wee girl was caught on it, same thing but with much more adult themes
                  That's awesome
                  She has shown an interest in Demon Slayer too for the same reasons as My Hero but not sure if it might be too much at the moment
                  Definitely no interest in Full Metal though lol
                  We are watching Haikyuu as well which she enjoys

I've not started on season 5 yet as I haven't gotten back round to my brothers & that's what we were doing pre last lockdown
                  Hopefully back to it as soon as his internet is running again (long story about sky cocking it all up)

Thanks for the heads up on the Gatcha thing
                  She watches the animations on You Tube & I have seen a couple she's been watching that I've had to intervene on but I will have a good look going forward

Neil

Comment

Surprised Watamote has reached a 10 year anniversary, such a great manga which really need a animation remake or continuation from where the original anime left off.

Comment

I watched Darling in the Franxx and quite enjoyed it (nice to see a group of young boys/girls be quite resourceful and smart for a change). It ended up going to some very lofty places but was quite entertaining until the end. I also watched Hibike! Euphonium season 1 as well. I expected to like it as I used to play in a brass band during high school and lived in Kyoto as a foreign student. That said I enjoyed it quite a bit with its focus on Kumiko and friends wanting to improve for the upcoming regional competition they are due to participate in together with the relationships between the girls and their friends/bandmates. It was quite an upbeat and warm anime that drives home the point that lots of practice eventually gets you to where you want. I might watch the next series soon and the movie/spin-off at some point.

EDIT: I'm aware of the inevitable comparisons to Keion but prefer this as it covers a larger number of characters who're mostly involved with the band in some way. It was worth spending 13-14 episodes with the characters at least.
                      Last edited by Paddy; 06-06-2021, 18:37.

Comment

Heard people talk about jojo a lot on the net about how good it is so i finally tried to track down the episodes to watch. Think i found all the seasons but they are like 30 to 60 gig each so it's gonna take a while started with golden wind as those downloaded first hopefully each previous season is not required to watch to make sense so far it's very weird and stylish just gotten to an episode where one of the stand users has sentient bullets lol, it's mad.

I can see why people like it, the artstyle is pretty unique with those weird feminine eyes

Comment

Heard people talk about jojo a lot on the net about how good it is so i finally tried to track down the episodes to watch. Think i found all the seasons but they are like 30 to 60 gig each so it's gonna take a while started with golden wind as those downloaded first hopefully each previous season is not required to watch to make sense so far it's very weird and stylish just gotten to an episode where one of the stand users has sentient bullets lol, it's mad.

I can see why people like it, the artstyle is pretty unique with those weird feminine eyes
                          updated.. edit.
                          You need to watch in order as the story telling changes drastically from part to part, and there are generation family links, reappearing heroes and infamous villains at least for part 1-3, after 4 it gets a little looser, and part 5 golden wind doesn't really get into that series past till the last arc, where not knowing who a certain person is, will probably make you not care for the ending.

Personal enjoyment order: Part 2 > Part 3 > Part 1 > Part 5 > Part 4

Last edited by Tobal; 30-06-2021, 01:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                            updated.. edit.
                            You need to watch in order as the story telling changes drastically from part to part, and there are generation family links, reappearing heroes and infamous villains at least for part 1-3, after 4 it gets a little looser, and part 5 golden wind doesn't really get into that series past till the last arc, where not knowing who a certain person is, will probably make you not care for the ending.

Personal enjoyment order: Part 2 > Part 3 > Part 1 > Part 5 > Part 4

Which order do they go in Tobal? as so far i have only found 4 batches of episodes.

jojo's bizzare adventure (Obvs this will be first one)
                            jojo's bizzare adventure -golden wind (one i'm currently watching)
                            jojo's bizzare adventure -stardust crusaders
                            jojo's bizzare adventure -diamonds unbreakable

am i missing any other seasons?

Comment

Which order do they go in Tobal? as so far i have only found 4 batches of episodes.

jojo's bizzare adventure (Obvs this will be first one)
                              jojo's bizzare adventure -golden wind (one i'm currently watching)
                              jojo's bizzare adventure -stardust crusaders
                              jojo's bizzare adventure -diamonds unbreakable

am i missing any other seasons?
                              jojo's bizzare adventure - Is Part 1(ep1-9) and 2(ep10 to 26) together, forgotten they just merged it into one.
                              jojo's bizzare adventure -stardust crusaders - part 3
                              jojo's bizzare adventure -diamonds unbreakable - part 4
                              jojo's bizzare adventure -golden wind - part 5

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                                jojo's bizzare adventure - Is Part 1(ep1-9) and 2(ep10 to 26) together, forgotten they just merged it into one.
                                jojo's bizzare adventure -stardust crusaders - part 3
                                jojo's bizzare adventure -diamonds unbreakable - part 4
                                jojo's bizzare adventure -golden wind - part 5
                                Cheers that's super helpful

Comment

Working...
                                X