This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Have you seen the new Farage endorsed Brexit party? Their leader thinks people on low incomes should learn from Himalayan Sherpas and eat potatoes with plenty of salt and a dash of chilli.
    Haha.

I spent the first 3 years of married life eating pretty much that, oh and noodles.
    It was the only way I could save a deposit for my house.

I'm genuinely not kidding when I say i have it in the oven right now.
    With some onion.

And surely that is a reason why even the most ardent remainers should agree that what I suggest isa fair way forward?

Comment

Have you seen the new Farage endorsed Brexit party? Their leader thinks people on low incomes should learn from Himalayan Sherpas and eat potatoes with plenty of salt and a dash of chilli.
      To be fair, chilli? They probably see that suggestion as progressive.

Comment

We eat it all the time, filling, nice and also cheap.

Comment

May invited Corbyn and Labour for more talks urgently over the backstop which kickstarted fears that she was about to cave in, as is her norm, on the customs union as it's the only way to get them onside.

Today, one of her ministers has said that May is holding the line and has rejected the customs union. Instead she seems to be conceding to others elements but if Corbyn was to agree to them and change Labours position it would likely lead to the demise of his party in part.

In other words, nothing has changed yet again

Comment

What about Kier Starmer for Labour leader?
            Turns out he’s actually my dads cousin, though they’ve never met. Did get me wondering seeing as there’s so few of us with that surname.

Comment

There's a Staaaaarmeeeer waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our minds, there's a...

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE View Post
                I apologise or the Daily Wail link, but there is a great summary of the new Corbyn Biography by Tom Bower on there.

For those who have not followed his career it is well worth the 10 minute read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...naked-bed.html
                Jesus christ glzzE you really are doing yourself a disservice posting and believing tabloid garbage like that, I'm lost for words. You do understand how things work don't you just because somebody writes something down doesn't make it true.

Comment

Am I wrong but wasn't Prison Paul, Alex Jones Jr, also cited as a source? Not sure YouTube is better than the Daily Mail as a news source.

Comment

Urgh, there's a debate on Radio 2 at the moment about the idea of a second referendum and one element that comes up often and is tiresome is the defence that there's already been a second public poll on Brexit - The general election

Such a trash argument, general elections are not barometers for Brexit. You can't take party manifesto's and use them as a defence on a single issue basis, people vote based on a multitude of concerns during GE's - there's too many factors and if the argument is that ref's are over simplified then using GE's is to overcomplicate things.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      Jesus christ glzzE you really are doing yourself a disservice posting and believing tabloid garbage like that, I'm lost for words. You do understand how things work don't you just because somebody writes something down doesn't make it true.

I have been looking at Corbyn's history in great depth since he became leader.

That article is an excellent summary of him and his career.
                      The guy is a walking disaster, Labour need to have a serious reshuffle and offer something that is genuinely good for the country.

Comment

I have been looking at Corbyn's history in great depth since he became leader.

That article is an excellent summary of him and his career.
                        The guy is a walking disaster, Labour need to have a serious reshuffle and offer something that is genuinely good for the country.
                        Just because you've been reading propaganda for a number of years doesn't make it true Come on dude snap out of it you really cant be that stupid in believing that the above tabloid trash comes from any sort of balanced and objective viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          Just because you've been reading propaganda for a number of years doesn't make it true Come on dude snap out of it you really cant be that stupid in believing that the above tabloid trash comes from any sort of balanced and objective viewpoint.
                          This has been covered time and time again, by numerous people that have been around him.

That article is just a very good summary.

I won't call you stupid, but take the blinkers off maybe?

Comment

May has formally ruled out a customs union. Again.

May is meeting with Barnier in Brussels to be told the withdrawal agreement won't be reopened. Again.

Boris says the backstop has to be amended despite the issue that it won't be. Again.

I present to you, the masters of wheel spinning

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

May has formally ruled out a customs union. Again.

May is meeting with Barnier in Brussels to be told the withdrawal agreement won't be reopened. Again.

Boris says the backstop has to be amended despite the issue that it won't be. Again.

I present to you, the masters of wheel spinning
                              It is getting (even more) pathetic.

To be fair, she may actually be playing a very good game, by the time something happens every one might say "Thanks god for that!" no matter what it is, or isn't.

Comment

This has been covered time and time again, by numerous people that have been around him.

That article is just a very good summary.

I won't call you stupid, but take the blinkers off maybe?

Seriously when your pushing articles from a paper that promotes hate and division and runs story's perpetuating prejudiced and myths about immigrants then I'm gonna look down on you. As far as I'm concerned telling me to take my blinkers off is taking the absolute biscuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X