No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robocop is an interesting one in that Data East licensed it from Ocean, who hadn't settled on how to turn it into a game, and then allowed Ocean to "convert" it to home formats. Having said that, the C64 version is quite removed from the arcade in a number of ways, that it perhaps shouldn't be considered.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Really? I always thought Ocean licensed it from Data East. Too late about not adding the C64 version to the show since it was completed last Saturday.

Comment

This is why the Data East coin-op has a credit to Ocean in it, Ocean were the primary rights holders for the property, having licensed it from Orion during the script stage (before the film was even released).

Comment

Well, there's something I never knew. thanks for that info. I wish I had known that before making the video Oh well...

It's that time again

Alien Storm and Power Drift have been added to the official site too but the Alien Storm downloads are not available thanks to a bloody hard drive crash destroying the files

Comment

YES been waiting till this popped up. My friday is complete

Comment

One of the few arcade games I could walk in to an arcade and one life clear, loved this game at the time.

Comment

Dat Gameboy music!!!

Comment

Yeah, the Gameboy music did permeate other media for years to come...

Comment

The official site version of Alien Storm is now ready for download while over on You Tube there's an all new Battle of the Ports - Midnight Resistance.

Official site - http://www.segagagadomain.com/botp/botp-menu1.htm

Comment

Well its Saturday so its time for a new Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Have to say I was never that impressed with Virtual Racing in the Arcades or the home . Just couldn't get on with the game at all

Comment

Oh dear... The MD version hasnt aged too well. Ps2 looks like a clear winner.

Comment

The PS2 "looks" like the winner but it's the 32X which is the best to play. You're right about the Mega Drive version though. It looks pretty awful these days

New Battle of the Ports - Sega Rally Championship

Comment

Yes! Game Over yeah!

Comment

That 360 remake looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X