No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I've never played the Mega CD sequel. I should get around to playing it some day.

Comment

I remember being really impressed with the Amiga version when it first came out; it felt like something special back then. Then I played it on the 3DO a few years later, which didn't really grab me, seeing it's the same game, but the new backgrounds did look nice. I also need to give the MCD sequel a go.

Comment

It seems to get REALLY bad reviews but it looks like it runs in the same engine???

Surely can't be as bad as STRIDER 2 on MD?????!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

Surely can't be as bad as STRIDER 2 on MD?????!!!!
          It wasn't made by US Gold, so there's hope.

Comment

There was also a native Symbian S60 version I used to rock on my Nokia way back when before iPhones existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              One of the pioneering games of it's time is covered on this week's Battle of the Ports.

The Mega-CD version was incredible thanks if nothing else to the new atmospheric sound and music. I also loved the 3DO version too but the Mega CD version played better IMO

Comment

Someone’s working on a C64 port of this right now...!
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Developers who are looking into doing cinematic-type game experiences should be forced to play Another World first and see what it creates with quite limited resources. Easily one of my favourite games of all time. It's short, but consistently throwing new things at you and the glimpses you get of this strange alien world always leave me wanting more.

The sequel isn't great and had nothing to do with the original creator, it also kind of ruins the ending of the first (which is designed to be ambiguous).

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Someone’s working on a C64 port of this right now...!

It's showing a lot of potential.

Comment

I knew it'd look decent on C64! It's not much of a step from an Epyx game and the C64 excels at smooth n' blobby. The animation can be sooooo fluid, I hope this works out well, it's a very capable, surprising machine in the right hands, if it can do a game like HYSTERIA then it can easy pull this off.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

It's showing a lot of potential.
                        That is pretty impressive.

Comment

Absolutely incredible for an 8-bit machine. I’m guessing the finished product will have some nasty multi load as I can’t see much of the game fitting within 64k!!!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            Absolutely incredible for an 8-bit machine. I’m guessing the finished product will have some nasty multi load as I can’t see much of the game fitting within 64k!!!
                            Some modern C64 games are available on cartridge(and as a cart image) so they load quickly. I guess that's an option we'll get with this game.

Comment

More cack from the time of mascot games.

Comment

This week on Battle of the Ports is the almighty Flashback

Comment

Working...
                                X