No announcement yet.

(PS3/PSV) Gundam Breaker review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine for me. Problem is I won't be of much help because I only have MG parts and I'll end up in one-shooting everything. Or maybe I'll be too helpful...either way, I'll get online this evening.

Comment

I know you didn't play the beta briareos_kerensky but you dont know how it imports the data. Maybe Steven can help us out Jimtendo with a translation.

Comment

No, I don't really know.

Comment

Well i done up to level 11 on single player and its getting difficult now. Ive built 3 new Gunpla's a RX-78, MS-06 & a RGM-79 and painted up in official colours, when i get a MS im happy with i'll paint it crazy black & red. Was online and everything was as good as the beta, no lag and just fun, only thing most games are too high ranked for a N00B like me.

Comment

You can change the mission even if you're not the host. If the others don't object you'll be able to play at your level, which is currently the biggest problem in multiplayer.
            I'll be online in 10 or so minutes, see you there.

Comment

You guys still playing this? Any impressions now you've been playing it a bit longer? I'm thinking of picking it up.

Comment

Yup.
                Still grinding parts and rare drops (worse than Monster Hunter) As mentioned earlier, it's quite repetitive in what it is. Even the locations are quite sterile (moon surface/ deserts/ snowy mountains) but then again, it's locales that are generic to Gundam.

Your love for all things Gundam will no doubt carry your interest through.

I'm still enjoying it, as it appeals to those loot-whore type mentality players more than most.
                And also you can make some hilariously bad looking Gunpla.

Comment

Yes its brainless fun. And my FRANK Gunpla is absolutely hideous. Lets hope they release a patch or DLC that you can play and create 1/44 Perfect Gundam Gunpla. Jimtendo im going to be offline for 3 weeks, if your still playing i'll catch up with you.

Comment

No probs.
                    Still grinding #52 for treasure hunter +

Comment

My kanji reading skills aren't fantastic - is that going to be a hindrance?

Comment

Not really.
                        When I get home ill post a couple of links to wikis that will explain what the part names are, and when you're in the stats screen what the skills are. There's a google doc with module (similar to equipable accessories that give certain skills. Like health regeneration and EX recharge speed) names and what they do.

It's quite a simple game to be honest with nothing too taxing regarding text.

Wiki #1
                        Wiki #2
                        google docs sheet with module translations (still work in progress)

Stat translations in the Gunpla Assemble screen:

1. health or armor points
                        2. bullet defense
                        3. beam defense
                        4. shield/ block strength
                        5. melee attack
                        6. shot attack
                        7. maximum capacity
                        8. capacity amount. If you go over you can't sortie on mission.

Weapons:

Saber (includes two handed sabers)
                        Axe
                        Two handed sword
                        Whip
                        Lance
                        Melee (Fists, etc)

Rifle
                        Long Rifle (Snipers, etc)
                        Machine Gun
                        Gatling Gun
                        Bazooka
                        Last edited by jimtendo; 05-08-2013, 07:23.

Comment

New update coming this October 31st
                          Primarily being the PSVita version (no online play) with adhoc only being the only way to play with x4 players. Though it does have the ability to cross save, and an update (not DLC) to include new Mobile suits and 30 new stages.

New Mobile suits:
                          Destiny Gundam, Turn A Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Gundam X, Dreissen

In both 1/44, 1/100 scale.

Judging by this screen cap, Banshee has a couple of new weapons (claw and arm saber)

Source

Comment

My PS3 copy of this turned up today - add me guys, obviously, I'm more than a bit behind though! - PSN ID: kenede-boukenka

Comment

Working...
                            X