No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems that he has signed for Chelsea. Which means Mourinho has 8 players for 3 positions? De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Oscar, Willian, Mata, Schurrle, Moses and Hazard.

Comment

Plus Marin out on loan. Wouldn't surprise me if they sold Moses.

Good match today, controlled things for the vast majority of the game, only a ten minute spell where Swansea really threatened us. Shame we couldn't have put away a couple of the chances we created but hopefully that will come. Two wins from two, and some promising signs. Capoue looked like a real beast today, seemed to be everywhere on the pitch getting in the way of Swansea, man of the match for me, early days but looks a bargain signing.

Hopefully we'll have a couple more big name signings before the end of the transfer window and it could be a very exciting season. Slightly big match next week!! And as well as Tblisi, we've got Arsenal too

Comment

Interesting little snippet from a BBC story about someone other than Real Madrid bidding for Bale:

"In a further twist, it has emerged that Spurs have approached Chelsea with a view to buying a player - thought to be Juan Mata - to replace Bale."

If that actually transpired I would absolutely piss myself with laughter. Although it surely can't happen!

Comment

Yes I read that too and it just seems a bit too unlikley to be true but stranger things have happened.

Ugly resurrected rumour I hope, from The Sun I think, is that Spurs are considering using the Bale windfall to spend ?30m on Hulk. That would make me very angry.

Watched the Monday MotD coverage of the Spurs vs Swansea game. Looked pretty solid and Spurs should have had another penalty too but I wish we'd put in some more of those other chances.

Comment

There was another chance in the first half for Paulinho that they didn't show on MOTD2 (unless my memory is failing me!) where he shot into the ground and the ball bounced up and went over the bar. I was encouraged by how often Paulinho was popping up in good attacking positions, I think there's a good chance of 8-10 league goals from him this season, once he puts the first one away.

Yeah.. Hulk.. He's one of those players who rarely seems to play well whenever I watch a match he's playing in. The idea of spending that much money on him doesn't fill me with too much glee, but, he did score a lot of goals when AVB was his manager at Porto so if we did end up getting him hopefully AVB would get the best out of him and change our opinions. If AVB wants him then I do hope we get him, no matter what I think of the player.

Comment

My stubborn resistance has been broken and the faintest of faint hope is dead; AVB has confirmed in his press conference today that Bale is on the way. Although we also might fine him for not turning up to train before he leaves (quite right too, Soldado trained every day with Valencia before he moved to us). From The Mirror's coverage of the press conference:

*AVB has said that Tottenham will consider fining Gareth Bale after he hasn't showed up at Spurs' training ground for two days in a row.

*AVB on Bale's absence: "I don’t think its correct behaviour".

*AVB says that spurs are in the final stages of drafting Bale's contract with Real. "It's a dream move for him."

*AVB: "This [transfer] can happen in a different way ... [but] Tottenham will accept most likely the biggest transfer in world football."

*Boas has confirmed that negotiations with Real Madrid are in advanced stages, but he also said Bale's behaviour has been unacceptable.

*Villas-Boas said: "He is involved in a big transfer move to Real Madrid and in the end if it happens, we wish him all the best, but the fact that he hasn't turned up is not the correct behaviour. That is the position they chose to take and it's up to the club to decide if it's a fineable offence."

*Villas-Boas confirmed that Bale is close to sealing a world-record move to Madrid. "It could happen very, very soon," the Portuguese said.

*It's a pretty sad end to what has been a great relationship between club, player and manager. It seems like Gareth Bale and AVB had a lot of mutual respect, but the tension has obviously got to the both of them. but this is the confirmation we've been waiting for.

*And as we mentioned earlier, the confirmation could have something to do with the numerous reports today that Erik Lamela has flown into London for talks with officials at Spurs. With the squad they now have, Lamela will be a great addition even with Gareth Bale on the way out.

Comment

Bale is behaving in a very unprofessional and kernt-ish manner over the training thing. He should at least have the good grace to behave like a Tottenham player while he's still a Tottenham player. Git.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  Bale is behaving in a very unprofessional and kernt-ish manner over the training thing. He should at least have the good grace to behave like a Tottenham player while he's still a Tottenham player. Git.
                  I was naive enough to think that he was going to be different and even if his heart was set on a move to Madrid he'd still be a pro and do his job until he left. Even that twat Luis Suarez, for all his mouthing off in the press, still trained and played when he was told to.

I have no problem with a player wanting to move to Real Madrid and had he acted with a bit of grace and professionalism I would have happily wished him all the best. As it is, pft, sod him, couldn't give a toss what happens to him now.

Comment

According to BBC News Spurs are going to use ?30m of the Bale money to seal the deal for Roma's Erik Lamela.

Comment

Aye, Roma have announced on their web site that they've agreed a deal with Spurs for his sale and he was photographed flying in to Heathrow airport last night.

Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong and we announce his signing ASAP as he is the signing I'm most excited about so far. Really great to watch in Serie A last season, scored 15 goals and still on 21 years old, he genuinely has the potential to be a real star.

Also arriving at Heathrow last night was Vlad Chiriches (who AVB confirmed in his press conference we're trying to sign) a ball playing central defender in the Jan Vertonghen mould from what I've read, supposedly going to join for ?8.5 million.

And if that wasn't enough, Ajax director of football Marc Overmars has said that Spurs have been given permission to talk with Christian Eriksen too!

If all three of those signings happen, in addition to what who we've already bought, this will really have been an excellent transfer window and a really good response to the loss of Bale.

Comment

Vlad Chiriches has signed for Spurs. Hopefully one or two more announcements to come today

Comment

Excellent result last night. Tiblisi, despite the lower scoreline, were even more outclassed by Spurs than last week. They barely turned up.

Great Holtby goal and good to see Jermain Defoe get on the score sheet too. With the quality of delivery the midfield seems to be able to deliver he's still a valuable asset even with the high class alternatives Spurs have spent their money on.

Is Adebayor still on Spurs' books?

Comment

Yep you're still paying his very high wages I'm sure. Sure you've tried to offload him with no joy.

Comment

UEFA Europa League draw:

Tottenham Hotspur
                              FC Anji (Russia)
                              FC Sheriff (Moldova)
                              Troms? (Norway)

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                              Is Adebayor still on Spurs' books?
                              At the moment, but there are rumours today that he could be on his way to Schalke 04 (who are also in the process of buying former Spur Kevin Prince Boateng from Milan).

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                              Excellent result last night. Tiblisi, despite the lower scoreline, were even more outclassed by Spurs than last week. They barely turned up.

Great Holtby goal and good to see Jermain Defoe get on the score sheet too. With the quality of delivery the midfield seems to be able to deliver he's still a valuable asset even with the high class alternatives Spurs have spent their money on.
                              Yup, always nice to see players who aren't first choice putting in good performances. Thought Holtby was excellent all night, hasn't had an ideal start to his Spurs career coming in mid-season then getting injured at the Euro U21s. Now he's got past that I think he can become a very good player for us and challenge for a starting spot. Really good performance from Carroll too.

Hope Defoe stays. With Soldado arriving he may not be first choice, but he'll still get plenty of games and I think staying at Spurs will be better for his World Cup chances than dropping down to a lesser club to get more game time.

Comment

Spurs have announced the signing of Erik Lamela on twitter! Seriously excited about this signing

Now on the official web site too.
                                Last edited by EJG1980; 30-08-2013, 14:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X