#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    is this the game with in car view only? I like to see the car that i'm driving and if there is a damage model, actually see the damage.

pah, hate cockpit views.
    Cockpit view is the only way to play a realistic racer as far as I am concerned. Its a bare minimum option for a racer these days.

Comment

Never got the appeal of cockpit, just obstructs visibility and with or without a decent racing set up feels nothing at all like driving a car. For me the view is dependent on the game, either out of car or full screen in car view. If this is cockpit only then thats another mark against it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
        I got the impression they were going for some social racing where you can form teams and race against other teams, like in Initial D.

Yeah but practically every racing game these days claims to be 'the most social racing game ever'. For me it doesn't really add a huge amount...I'd like it to be like Initial D but that's mostly just because I really like Initial D. Does anybody have a copy of Extreme Stage they can sell me, incidentally?

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
          Cockpit view is the only way to play a realistic racer as far as I am concerned. Its a bare minimum option for a racer these days.
          yeah it should be an OPTION, meaning other options should be available which they arent

Comment

Bonnet cam ftw. In-car just gets in the way.

Comment

Cockpit cam is miles and away the best. Feels just like you are sat in a sports car on a track.

Comment

Bumper cam is the best cam. I want my chin scraping the tarmac. Cockpit cam takes up like 60% of the screen with unnecessary bull**** and still doesn't feel like you're actually in a car. Maybe with Oculus Rift it would be worth it.

External cam just feels like you're controlling a remote control car.

Comment

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the classic cams that we are all used to for arcade racers. But with any serious realistic racer , cockpit view is the only way to go.

Comment

Quite.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've been cockpit view only since PGR3, it's probably one of the best things this generation has brought to gaming in my opinion.

Comment

I generally like whichever view feels fastest

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          is this the game with in car view only? I like to see the car that i'm driving and if there is a damage model, actually see the damage.
                          No. There is a range of views to play from, one of them being Cockpit.

Comment

A few more screens

Comment

Looks gorgeous. Someone has to ask (now that Rushy has chimed in):

Resolution?
                              FPS?
                              3D?

When can we see it running?

Comment

That's never going to run at 60fps.

Comment

Working...
                                X