Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAL Super Metroid Boxes? (Am I going to have to go "Custom"?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Super Metroid Boxes? (Am I going to have to go "Custom"?)

I'm sure someone here will have looked into this before so thought it worth asking if anyone knows if this was ever a real release?

Or is that this Australian version and the ratings on Australian SNES games were stickers rather than printed? This looks a bit too lopsided to be printed surely?

I basically want a "Small Box" Super Metroid identical to the first picture but so far all I've actually been able to find for sale are:

This "Big Box" version, and "Small Box" copies which I'm guessing are lazy fakes as they never have a manual and still say "Includes Giant 72 Page Player's Guide". (i.e. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3211038452...84.m1423.l2649)

I know this is the European Small Box one but it's not an option as I don't want all that text:

Last edited by Pikate; 15-04-2013, 14:18.

?50-?60 for a reproduction box is madness. Super Metroid was pretty cheap until a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
      ?50-?60 for a reproduction box is madness. Super Metroid was pretty cheap until a couple of years ago.
      I know but I'm not a collector, authenticity/resale value isn't an issue for me as it'll be one of just 5 SNES games I'll own/have on a shelf and I'd rather pay the same as the original (that big box version?) to have my ideal small box faux-version and there's no online store for that kind of thing so it'd have to be a custom job that will take someone a good few hours to do for me.

Comment

I don't get why people do this. A repro should have no value at all.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          I don't get why people do this. A repro should have no value at all.
          I completely agree from a collecting/playing point of view as I have a regular rotation of Famicom/GBA carts I buy to play then usually sell on and I'd hate to end up with a fake on principle, much like I'm obsessed with not paying over "market value" for those but there's also these 5 Super Nintendo games I want to just sit on my bookcase and am happy to pay over the odds to get in great condition. This one game is just proving hard to find in that condition (or at all). It was hypothetical anyway, I wouldn't know where to even find someone who could mock-up/print an acceptable replica.
          Last edited by Pikate; 15-04-2013, 15:00.

Comment

Well, its the fun of the chase innit. Hunt down the copy that you want. I believe I know a guy in Aus with a copy of Super Metroid. Could ask what his is like.

Comment

Well, its the fun of the chase innit. Hunt down the copy that you want. I believe I know a guy in Aus with a copy of Super Metroid. Could ask what his is like.
              I'll bite his hand off if he's selling a decent one haha. I'd love you forever and give you a finders fee/gift/learn to love Bayonetta too haha

Comment

He isn't selling, just to confirm for you maybe.

Comment

He isn't selling, just to confirm for you maybe.
                  I know, just worth a try, but yeah if he can confirm if the rating is a sticker... The only Oz ones I can see on eBay are loose carts.

Comment

There's only one boxed one on ebay Australia at the moment and it's priced way too high:

If you do end up finding something in Australia but postage is an issue, let me know and I can post it on to you.

Comment

Oh thanks! I wonder why that didn't show up when I did a "Worldwide" eBay.co.uk search :S But yeah, it's a bit too tatty to pay top-end prices for but at least I know it's a real thing and where to keep an eye out now.

Comment

I used to own the UK PAL Large Box versions of Super Metroid & Yoshi's Island, don't think I ever saw a small box version of either game!

Comment

That is the thing with being a SNES gamer since it's release you remember when you see odd things like the Super Metroid small box. There were a few kicking around the UK but it was a much later release I suspect a "The Game Ltd" reprint, as I didn't see them till a few years after it's original release so 1995 or 1996.

As the big box version was very common I supect a lot of shops didn't order in or sell the smaller release, I saw it like twice in retail.

Super Metroid big boxed version is very over priced at the moment the game is as common as muck.

Comment

It's out on Wii U VC for 30p next month too. 60Hz the lot. Just sayin'
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Sorry to hijack thread... but
                              does any one know if there was a Yoshi's Island snes console pack. (like all stars, starwing etc..)
                              My mate swears there was one- no biggie, just want to win an argument!

Back on track I'll be pretty content with the VC one tbh.

Comment

Working...
                              X