Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAL Super Metroid Boxes? (Am I going to have to go "Custom"?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
    Sorry to hijack thread... but
    does any one know if there was a Yoshi's Island snes console pack. (like all stars, starwing etc..)
    My mate swears there was one- no biggie, just want to win an argument!

Back on track I'll be pretty content with the VC one tbh.
    there was one for the snes jnr, released in the USA. dont think there was a PAL one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
      I'm sure someone here will have looked into this before so thought it worth asking if anyone knows if this was ever a real release?

Right Pikate another thing to find out is the skew for the one in this picture, if you noticed in the top left hand corner of the manual you'll see a yellow triangle. That is the skew region split, Nintendo still use the same colours to this day even Wii U use the same colours.

Green = UK
      Purple = EUR
      Brown = Australian

Those are the ones I know of the top of my head. In the top right corner is also the product code which is sadly to distorted to read but, work out what region that yellow triangle comes from and you'll have your answer. It's not one I can say I've seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
        Sorry to hijack thread... but
        does any one know if there was a Yoshi's Island snes console pack. (like all stars, starwing etc..)
        My mate swears there was one- no biggie, just want to win an argument!

This?

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        It's out on Wii U VC for 30p next month too. 60Hz the lot. Just sayin'
        That's the version I'll actually play (I have an Official Club Nintendo Super Famicom Classic Controller ready for it) <3 Just want a boxed game to love and to stare at adoringly.

Originally posted by S3M View Post
        Right Pikate another thing to find out is the skew for the one in this picture, if you noticed in the top left hand corner of the manual you'll see a yellow triangle. That is the skew region split, Nintendo still use the same colours to this day even Wii U use the same colours.

Green = UK
        Purple = EUR
        Brown = Australian

Those are the ones I know of the top of my head. In the top right corner is also the product code which is sadly to distorted to read but, work out what region that yellow triangle comes from and you'll have your answer. It's not one I can say I've seen before.
        Wow, I knew the Green Triangle on Wii/3DS/Wii U was a region thing (Japan have a black one don't they?) didn't realise that went back to SNES days, wow, you are a wise old owl aren't you!
        Last edited by Pikate; 16-04-2013, 19:11.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pikate;2042708]

This?

Bugger! He was right!

Comment

That's the version I'll actually play (I have an Official Club Nintendo Super Famicom Classic Controller ready for it)
            You may need the Pro Controller. A Wiimote probably wont be supported, so the SFC controller wont be either.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've never seen a small box version in the UK and the big box version is horrible, even the book is ****. Even the Pal version of the game us rubbish because you have to have german or French subtitles on. Get the Japanese version. Nicer box, better language options. Probably cheaper too.

Comment

I'm sure someone here will have looked into this before so thought it worth asking if anyone knows if this was ever a real release?

Of course its a real release! This is not the UK version, this is the Scandinavian version, thats why the cartridge has the code "SCN" and not "UKV". Also, the manual is not in english, if you see the rear side of the box you will see this "Contains Swedish, Finish and Danish Language Instructions Only".

Just take a look the photos.

Comment

Working...
                X