No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS/WiiU) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partbreaker is still my favourite skill.

Comment

The first Goldenbeard Ceadeus kill of the night netted me 4x Elder Dragon Blood thanks to Lucky Cat food buff, the second kill got me two more.

One more dark gem and I'll be 5/5 Helios Z. I'm going to gem in 1 sharpness to rid the Blunt Edge, rather than having one piece of gear mismatched. I could have gone 5/5 this evening but the wife was getting sick of me responding with "yeah" for everything.

Comment

Finished off the Helios Z last night, and then went looking for a charm to negate the Blunt Edge. On my first gathering sesh I ended up with a +5 Handicraft that had one slot, so plenty of that now in order to sacrifice one point of it on Sharpness.

I'll need to look out for a water weapon with one socket, that way I can get Water Attack +2 as well. Speed sharpening for now until I can farm the two slot Evasion decorations.

Edit: Looks like I'll be going for the Helstrong Deluge

Edit2: Or, this badboy!: Simoom Sandbiter
        Last edited by dataDave; 26-04-2014, 09:39.

Comment

I beat Dire Miralis last night, and ended up with one of his gems. I'm unsure if I should put that towards a weapon, or his armour. Ultimately I'd like a set of armour for each resistance - I'm not too fussed about offence.

HR29!

Also finished off my Simoom Sandbiter.

Comment

That's heresy dave.
            You're going against the old MH mantra of 'hitting it 'til it dies and not gettin hit'

Honestly, Miralis doesn't really offer anything too great in terms of weapons, as per usual most of his stuff gets outclassed by Alatreon gear.
            Though some parts of his armour is good for 'ATK up' skill, when paired with decent talismans you can shoehorn something else in.

Comment

The great sword I was using against Barioth last week is a DM one. I've barely touched G-rank stuffs and definitely not Alatreon. Although I really should do the offline quest.

Comment

I'm learning how to get the most out of the GS seeing as we're visiting the in-laws and offline as a result. I've gemmed Water Attack+2 into the Nibelsnarf GS (Reamalgorgeon?). I'm also trying to open up more beasts for night time free hunting.

I reckon I should maybe farm together a high-rank set of ranged gear so that I can give the guns another go, I wouldn't mind a hammer too.
                Last edited by dataDave; 02-05-2014, 09:37.

Comment

You really want ice for the Nibelsnarf. Go for bows instead of guns to start, elements and partbreaker to boost damage. And don't die.

Comment

No, I meant the GS upgraded from Nibelsnarf parts, sorry.

Comment

Thought I would play a little this morning...3.5 hours later and I've almost got all the offline quests done.

Comment

Sorry pal. Whenever I finish my sessions at around 2am I always check my friend list and see you sat in there playing something on your own. Please shoot me an in-game mail if you're ever up for some games.

I'm on with farming John Moron now and his Hallowed cousin, if only for the Earth Dragongems to complete my Helios X with. I'm also looking at building a Helios X gunner suit and coupling that with the Kelbi bow for my entry into the world of shoter manz. I'm reserving offline quests for my trips to the in-laws'.

I had some scary vuvuzela style crashing the previous night which was pissing me off - no one wants to see a screen-freeze on the loot reward screen. Seemed to be back to normal last night (must have been some kind of network issue).

Comment

Abyssal Lagiacrus set complete after around two hours of farming. Now I just need Uragaan and both Akgnator sets, as well as something else that gives dragon resist before ticking off every quest the game has to offer.

Comment

Still not taken on the Abyssal...Is it much worse than the Ivory?

Comment

It's not particularly hard per se, depends in the group (and whether you want to cheese the fight) you'll end up chasing it back and forth, back and forth, as it's in the same underwater arena as Goldbeard Ceadeus.

It just tends to loltorpedo every given moment.

Comment

I'd be GS'ing it anyways, so the torping doesn't worry me much.

Comment

Working...
                                X