No announcement yet.

What to play next!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same dilemma on Friday night after completing New Vegas!

Out of my backlog pile and downloaded games, I plumped for Sleeping Dogs as quite a few people on here have rated it.

I'm loving it so far! It's like being the star of a Hong Kong action film. I got my ass handed to me in a few drug busts, but I'm learning to counter more.

Give that a whirl from your list!

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
      I'm wondering if I should get The Orange Box or Dishonored.

I picked up Portal 2 in the Game on Demand sale at ?8.99 and it's made me think I should pick up The Orange Box, mainly for Portal and Team Fortress 2 but Half Life 2 might be something I like too. Dishonored appeals to me in the sense of it being a Victorian Whale-Oil Punk game but not so much for the supernatural-ability/stealth/assassin bits so I'm leaning towards Orange Box, it just depends if Half Life 2 is more clever a game with Shrodinger/physics references like Portal or a formulaic Halo/Resistance Alien invasion thing? :/

Or there's always Option 3: Spend the time getting better at Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition until Bioshock Infinite comes out.

Portal is a must play game, if you haven't played it. YOU MUST!
      Half Life 2 is good but ultimately it is just shooting aliens, plus you'll just get to EP2 with it's cliffhanger and be outraged that they said they were making HL episodic so gamers didn't have to wait as along. They said that 6 or 7 years ago.

But as a fan of Bioshock it seems like Dishonored would be the most obvious choice, it has a very similar feel.
      Last edited by EvilBoris; 11-03-2013, 14:06.

Comment

Orange Box without question. All five games are masterpieces and, in my opinion, include the best single player and multiplayer first person shooters ever created in Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2.

As for what I'm playing next. F-Zero GX. I bought Xenoblade recently but can't get get on with it, bought SSFIVAE in last week's xbox sale but playing that online is humiliating and frustrating (I won 1 out of maybe 25 games, haha) so I'm going back to a game I know I'll enjoy.

Comment

Of your choices, I'd obviously say Deadly Premonition. If you even slightly liked Twin Peaks, you will be enjoy this.

I'm going to hijack your thread. I haven't the slightest idea what to play next. My BF3 addiction keeps on being fueled by the constant stream of DLC. I have no interest in things like the new Tomb Raider. I keep hoping for something like Sin and Punishment 2, but I think I have the blinkers on. The top 10 of the generation thread isn't helping much.

Comment

Charles, I'm right there with you. I've managed to take the disc out of my PS3 now and it won't be going back in until the double xp event next weekend. I've moved to the sorely-neglected SRWOG2nd and am loving playing it on my 47". It's going to be that until Friday then BF3 over the weekend, and then to MH3U when it's up on the eShop on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              I keep hoping for something like Sin and Punishment 2, but I think I have the blinkers on.
              Kid Icarus is the same genre as S+P2, the system isn't anywhere near as in-depth but it's certainly as challenging. I think it's coming to the WiiU for all those that missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Of your choices, I'd obviously say Deadly Premonition. If you even slightly liked Twin Peaks, you will be enjoy this.
                Would you go out to the shop and buy it right now or would you wait for the apparently 'ultimate' PS3 edition with extras? I think it is released next month.

I'm going to hijack your thread.
                I think Pikate has done that already. Ha ha. All 'what to play next' gaming dilemmas are welcome though, it is a serious question for 'real' gamers!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                  it is a serious question for 'real' gamers!

Comment

Ok, what's next:

Outrun 2 Coast 2 Coast

Locoroco 1

or...

Carry on with MGS Portable Ops - which is a bit on the **** side.

Comment

Is it ****?

Comment

Out of those choices, I'd say go for Outrun. You won't miss anything giving up on PO and Locoroco looks and sounds pretty but hasn't got much to it in terms of actually being a game.

Comment

Ok, I should have listened.

I bow to your superior gaming knowledge, Naka.

Comment

Joking aside, stop wasting your time on it. At least move on to the great Peace Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              he he. Glad someone noticed the reference.

Comment

In the mood for a platformer, choices:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - On Zone 4, have beaten many times
                                NSMB Wii - On World 8, unbeaten
                                SM3DL - World S8 - Beaten main game but not Special
                                Rayman Origins - World 3 I think, unbeaaten
                                Yoshi's Island 2 - Unplayed
                                Super Mario 64 DS - 12 stars, first boss beaten
                                Littlebigplanet 2 - 6th Story world I believe, unbeaten
                                Donkey Kong Country - World 4, Not beaten in a long long time

Comment

Working...
                                X