User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Well, for me the Season 7 finale was comfortably better than pretty much any of the somewhat disappointing series. A soft opening built up to a big ending/cliffhanger

Loved

the Doctor and post-death Rivers goodbye. I'm assuming that the grave site is literally his grave site as nothing suggested it would cease to be though I'm sure future stories will negate it a bit.

The sfx of putting Clara with the past Doctors was ropey but I appreciated the intent, especially her nudge to Hartnell. It means she's no longer tied to a particular event which means some needed life and death risk, it's been too long that the companions fates have been foreshadowed in advance meaning most eps you cared less because you already knew the outcome.

Then there's the megaton. If I'm interpreting it right Hurt is the original life of the Doctor who did something so bad the Doctor hid his true identity and it spurred the Hartnell incarnation to do what he did. If so it means Smith is actually the 12th Doctor so his next regeneration is his last...

Also means that with Smith, Hurt and Tennant the 50th special is a three Doctors affair. Hyped.

You are almost on the button, but hes the

Time war Doctor, Chris is the 10th and so on

at least thats what ive been seeing on spoiler forums.

But the Doctor has been hiding his true identity since the very first ep? And McGann is the Time War Doctor who regenerated into Eccleston, can't be that one

McGann

has shot some new stuff the other week. Let just say he is in between.

That is if the info is correct from what i have been reading on a well known Doctor who forums spoiler section. Was spot on about tonight

I've done a scout, some of the theories are already wild. Especially River ones, we know she returns but the amount of peeps already assuming she won't is insane

Really hope they don't go with

Time War Doctor insertion. We already know he did terrible things and ultimately was the one to wipe out the Daleks, his own people and devastate lower species. Inserting Hurt there would add nothing to the character. He'd make more sense as the original Doctor who's actions led to this life running through time and space trying to make amends whilst an outcast from his own kind and would also make more sense as to how he and The Master were once friends.

Crazytaxinext, I'm afraid that what you're hoping doesn't happen looks like being the case.

Photos of Hurt on location show him wearing Eccleston's jacket, or rather, his jacket which his next self kept.

Loved it. Avoiding spoilers but I know what I'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Crazytaxinext, I'm afraid that what you're hoping doesn't happen looks like being the case.

Photos of Hurt on location show him wearing Eccleston's jacket, or rather, his jacket which his next self kept.

That's just disappointing, that section had been done to death

I thought that was a really good episode, by far the best of this series which was otherwise pretty bad. Really clever ending too! This link seems to explain it quite well - http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/586789.html spoilers, obviously.