No announcement yet.

Doctor Who: Regeneration 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far nothing, there's been fairly long running rumours that the BBC wants him to step away from the show but they aren't pushing due to not wanting to upset their Sherlock money horse. He was definitely better as a writer for the show, I originally thought he'd be perfect to take over but it's clear his attention isn't fully on it. Some messy stuff under his reign.

Comment

A vague Prologue to Series 9 has been released online:

Comment

Actress Jenna Coleman is reportedly leaving “Doctor Who” following her scoring the lead role in “Victoria,” an ITV miniseries about Queen Victoria. Coleman was going to leave the show in last year’s Christmas special, but was asked to come back and agreed. She returned to the role of Clara Oswald for the ninth season which […]

Clara will be leaving the doctor at some point soon, Jenna Coleman is set to leave having signed up for an ITV role. She was supposed to leave last series so it's not a big surprise, by the time she exits she has a good chance of being New Who's longest running companion.

Comment

Won't be missed. I don't know if she's intentionally written as a bossy, selfish, obnoxious character or if that's just how she comes across, but I can't stand the way she talks back/flares up over trivial things most of the time. Amy Pond had moments like that too, so it might just be the writer's attempting to do a strong female character but not being very good at it?

Typical bit of dialogue with Clara:

Doctor: don't touch that! It's very dangerous
          Clara: don't you dare tell me what to do!

Comment

I didn't mind her in Matt Smiths last season, plot holed though it was, but it felt very much like she was intended for a single series but they kept her on. With Capaldi's series it was like a different character was being written for and she started to grate a lot, not helping a series that was already underselling Capaldi from the get go. Really hope Series 9 pulls it together but the issues have been so prevalent since Moffatt took over that I kind of doubt it. For Series 10 though, they really need to get around to doing River's series to wrap her up permanently.

Comment

Capaldi has the potential to be the best Doctor yet, he's perfect for the character. But Moffat has utterly screwed it up. Get rid of Moffat and I reckon Capaldi has it in him to be even better then the Tennant years!

Comment

Tonights return ep was alright but once again committed the mistake of trying to build tension using the kind of cliffhangers that don't hold up when done in Ep1 of a 13 part series so there was zero suspense. Unless the next ep explains more, there's also some blatant disregard for previous events in the show that left unexplained will start to hurt my enjoyment as it's getting closer and closer to being simply lazy at this point.

Comment

I found it so boring and bland. Moffat just recycles old ideas over and over again. What a twat for ruining Doctor Who. I'm actually infuriated at the BBC for letting Moffat run it into the ground.

Comment

He could be politely asked to stick to Sherlock if this continues...

Are more people time-shifting the Time Lord? The 9th season of the regenerated Doctor Who debuted last night in the UK on BBC One (and in the U.S. on BBC America), with Peter Capaldi returning for his second outing in the titular role. The episode, “The Magician’s Apprentice,” has been overwhelmingly embraced by fans, but […]

Viewing figures for the first ewp were 2m down from last year, they came in at a low 4.58m. I may well be wrong but we're a decade on from the shows revival so if you were 8 when it was revived you'd be 18 now. I wouldn't be surprised if the show has lost the kids along the way as daft as the show could be in it's earlier series Davies understood the way to pitch the show. Moffatt is over focused on convoluted twists and time tricks whilst making the tone steadily greyer and closer to Sherlocks filmography. Lose the kids and you lose the families, especially when the 'light' moments are as cringe worthy as last nights guitar sequence.

For any new showrunner I'd spend a series or two taking it back to being simpler and lighter, post-Capaldi I'd possibly go younger as well. I now love him in the role but I can't shake the feeling it does make a difference to the shows wider popularity. I'd make the BBC pick a god damned time slot too.

Comment

I haven't watched Doctor Who but I'm hoping for a new doctor quick because I'm so utterly bored of seeing pictures of Capaldi pointing. Is that all he does on the show? He's a pointy Doctor?

Comment

This was awful. I think. I fell asleep. Might give it another whirl.

Comment

He's really good but massively underserved by the material

Comment

Yeah he must be gutted at the storyline he's been given

Comment

I think he is utterly charmless though not without acting talent of course. The problem for me is that Eccleston, Tennant and especially Smith had oodles of charm. Capaldi just comes across creepy.
                              Last edited by nakamura; 24-09-2015, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                He's really good but massively underserved by the material
                                This.

F*** Moffat.

Comment

Working...
                                X