No announcement yet.

Steelbook Supremacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Django Unchaineds final artwork is confirmed and the retailers guessed right for the most.

Comment

I made a massive ball up recently as well, moving money around I thought I'd play it safe and cancel my preorder for the steelbook of Roger Rabbit but its instantly out of stock and already ?40 on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        I made a massive ball up recently as well, moving money around I thought I'd play it safe and cancel my preorder for the steelbook of Roger Rabbit but its instantly out of stock and already ?40 on ebay
        Ah man that sucks

That is actually one of only 3 steels I still have on pre-order I've cancelled everything else but...

Roger Rabbit
        Star Trek XI (zavvi re-release)
        Man with the Iron Fists

I'm really cutting back on them now.

Neil

Comment

That happened to me when i tried to order willow which i didnt see until it was too late......then ?30 on ebay, probably more now.

Comment

It's taught me lesson, got tons of childhood memories of that film too. Gonna wait it out and if nothing decently priced appears might have to go standard on it.

Comment

Individual Steels for Indiana Jones have appeared on Zavvi today...

Buy Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Expand your library of film and TV content with Zavvi UK's wide range of Blu-rays, including 3D, 4K UHD & steelbooks.

Buy Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

?15 a pop though.

Tempted...really, really tempted.

Neil

Comment

I know it's frowned on but it's a shame Kingdom isn't having one. Thankfully, last year I got one of the uber Indy collectiond via Amazon with all the LE stuff so this is a rare case of me skipping steelies. Otherwise I'd be on this like a whippet. Wish they'd do proper BttF Steelboom releases too.

Comment

I know it's frowned on but it's a shame Kingdom isn't having one. Thankfully, last year I got one of the uber Indy collectiond via Amazon with all the LE stuff so this is a rare case of me skipping steelies. Otherwise I'd be on this like a whippet. Wish they'd do proper BttF Steelboom releases too.
                  Yeah it's not the best by any stretch of the imagination but if we are getting 3 of them they might as well do all 4.
                  Will look odd on the shelf without it.

Neil

Comment

so reading the last page

do the 'fans' only really buy them for profit later on?

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      so reading the last page

do the 'fans' only really buy them for profit later on?
                      If you are referring to the hardcore movie "fans" on AV Forums then it appears they do but pretend to despise the practice yet they order 3-4 of everything that's released.

I only ever buy the ones I really want the film of, with the exception of Priest & Super 8 - Priest because I had some HMV voucher to spend so will use that for trade fodder somewhere down the line & Super 8 because it was ?3.50 in CEX

Everything else is owned because I actually wanted it.

Neil

Comment

Yup, the key is sticking only to films that matter to you. The value some have is a perk in case circumstances mean you ever need to sell.

Comment

I love Super 8. Wish I could get the steelbook for ?3.

I have steelbooks for films that don't really matter, If Im going to blind buy something I might as well be able to make a profit on it latter if It turns out I don't like the film.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 19-03-2013, 10:39.

Comment

Do steelbooks always appreciate in value?

Comment

Yeah, because they don't stay in print very long.

Comment

wouldn't say they all go up in value

HMV flooded the market with specific titles that arn't worth diddly

whereas the some of the play exclusives seem to be silly money

just yarr it before you buy it - but im sure you do that anyway ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X