Nvidia Project Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nvidia Project Shield

V sync amd 60fps even if I have to switch to wireframe polygons!

Comment

Dynamic Resolution and V-Sync are the way forwards, can't wait until that is supported more readily

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post

This differs from the WiiU pad in that it can actually play games more than 10 metres from the mothership. The streaming from home PC thing is just a kind of extra feature beyond the Portable Android Gameboy thing isn't it?
        True but a fairly pointless feature. Unless PC game developers start to optimize their game UIs to suit such a comparatively small screen.

Does the world really need another oversized handheld with limited battery life that plays the same games as people's existing smartphones and PMPs?

And why is it so ugly?

Comment

Here's a latest video

At that price $349=?229 you'd be better off buying a second hand 3ds and ps vita
          Personally I would spend the money on a PS4/XBOX next gen

Comment

Sony are now thinking 'at least we won't be in last place with Vita'

Comment

Who's going to buy this thing? Even if it runs all your fave emus its still bloody expensive. If it had an awesome D-pad and thumbsticks I could be swayed but this looks ugly as fook and doesnt appear it'll control that well.

Comment

Um yeah, and how many portable devices that run emulators do we really need at this point? You can hardly move for them. Most of the fun people have in ownership of them seems to be getting stuff working rather than playing anyway.

The 'killer app' for this (although that is probably overstating it) is streaming games from Steam on your PC, surely? Not that it'll be a success. Look at that design lol. You can tell they normally make graphics cards.

Comment

I'm speechless.

Comment

*checks calendar*
                    Hmmm... It's not the first of April.

This thing is real?!

Comment

The price is crazy especially when you can buy a 2nd hand 3DS and choose from a collection of superb titles such as mario,zelda,monster hunter,resident evil and so on.
                      I've had an ipad 3 and my mrs has a blackberry playbook we hardly play new games on them.I did by a Icade and used gridlee for emulation.Personally I don't see android as a strong gaming platform

Comment

Welcome to 2013!

I could well be tempted. Being able to play Crysis 3 maxed out or ANY other PC game handheld is certainly appealing.

Comment

It's more of a luxury peripheral for the monster PC you already own than anything else.

Comment

I'd get one if that controller looked better, I dunno just doesn't look nice - Android emulation for me is for old-skool and that D-Pad looks a bit meh...

Comment

What PC games do you play with a d-pad?

Comment

Halo.

Comment

Working...
                                X