Persona 4 Golden - Vita review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Persona 3 was more so for me. That ending. I wasn't quite sure what really happened but it left me with quite strong feels.
    Also, I read up on the story from the FES add on, which seems to ruin the ending of 3- so if you haven't played it and love 3's ending then don't play it!!

Comment

P3 is mostly better on PS2. The characters are fully animated on screen which adds so much character over Portable. However battle AI is fully in place for teammates.

FES I've play half of The Answer. It's too hard to be fun. Not read the plot.

Comment

Eeeesh. AI controlling my teammates :/

Comment

Luckily the generally make the right choice but not ideal.

Comment

Is P3 available on the vita (as part of the "retro" games available)? Not at home so can't check

Comment

Persona 3 Portable is available as a PSP download and works on the vita, yes.

FES is a PS2 download and only works on PS3.

Comment

Oh thanks for the advice for the Personas fusions. I'll try more.
                I totally understand the feeling of being attached to this world.
                The only other games who did that to me were Shenmue and Phantasy Star Online (with friends).

I understand why people won't leave World of Warcraft, the social component even through a computer is strong.

Persona 4 Golden is the first game with songs with lyrics that don't bore me.
                I usually hate hearing lyrics in a song I will hear 1000 times.

Comment

Oh yeah definately, the music is absolute top class!

Comment

Yep music is awesome...this tune stuck with me for months after.

Its rather sad, being a ps2 port, that its the best game on vita. It says a lot about the quality of this fantastic game though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      Persona 3 Portable is available as a PSP download and works on the vita, yes.

FES is a PS2 download and only works on PS3.
                      Thanks! Will take a look when I get home :-)

Comment

I just love the jokes in this game. Many are based on breaking the 4th wall which make them even funnier.

1)

Yosuke against Shadow Mitsuo: "Is that supposed to look like a video game character? It feels insulting"

2)

Yukiko drunk in a bar talking to Naoto: "And we shout 'Personaaa' and stuff happens"
                        Naoto: "Ok you guys are making fun of me"

3)

Against Shadow Naoto, I think it was like that:
                        Naoto: "You're not me"
                        Rise: "No don't say it !!"
                        Kanji: "Whatever, we're gonna kick this Shadow's ass anyway.

Comment

Me too, MadMarc. It's so rare for games to actually have a sense of humour and even have a laugh at themselves. That irreverence to me is so key, especially when what goes on in most games is so nutty. Far too many games take themselves ridiculously seriously.

The kind of stuff you've highlighted above reminds me of Han Solo, one of my favourite irreverent characters. Stuff in the first Star Wars like 'Boring conversation anyway', 'One thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner' really gives the film heart for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X