No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 fully comp or something like that. The area isn't good but the car isn't worth much.

Comment

Not bad really, I think when I enter RM as my postcode any insurance quote goes up by ?200.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        My one concern about getting anything even remotely quick is that I might start driving like an absolute cock.
        Yes, that was a genuine conern of mine and when I say quick, I just mean a bit quicker than the golf I have now.
        Got caught doing 115 in that. Never again

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          What's next Colin?

My Scoob just hit 140k
          Going back to a V8 Vantage Charles. My Evora S is absolutely awesome, but I want to go back to something a little more refined, it must be what's happened now that I've turned 40.

Comment

I live near mountains and it's a few hour drive to the local ski resort. My A4 is getting old now, and being a boring old fart I think ill stick to the same, but take the all road version. I have been happy with my last two audis and feel there is a certain quality and comfort with them. Just a shame they are a bit boring! Very practical here though

Comment

Yeah the ride in something like a CLS can be so uncomfortable after even a short journey.

Did you get a ban for that 115 Boris?

I talked my way out of any penalty despite caught doing 93 on the M25 late at night once, road was empty though and I was just sitting in the middle lane, just going a little too fast.

Welcome to the forties Colin, since turning 40 have you had the urge to buy a Jaguar XF? swear I've never seen one driven by someone under 40. Speaking of Jags, how about and F-Type, saw one the other weekend, sounded fantastic.

Comment

The F-Type coupe does appeal, but looking at how quickly the convertibles are depreciating, I don't think buying one new is a sensible option. I will miss the Lotus for the sheer excitement of driving it, but I'm moving south again soon and want something which is better for the odd long journey/tour.

Outgoing car -

Comment

My new gearbox has lowered the top speed from 140 down to around 125. Get's there faster though and turbo is always spooling. It's hilarious (apart from the fuel gauge).

Saw the Le Mans Evora while I was out there a couple of years back. Keep yours and get it wrapped and lowered and spoilered and splittered lol.

Comment

Land Rover with "transparent" bonnet

So far, invisibility systems for cars have been pretty lame or not terrible useful. Land Rover seems to have finally nailed it with the "transparent bonnet" (hood) on its Discover Vision concept car. It works via a heads up display, which projects a see-through view of the road from cameras located in the grill (see the video after the break). That permits a driver navigating in tight quarters to view sharp rocks or other obstacles, and even see the wheels turning below the car. The tech will be on display next week at the New York International Motor Show, and is part of the company's (apparently see-through) vision for future models.

Comment

Mega!

Comment

Friend round the corner has bought a 340R and also a CLA 45 AMG. Both are very crazy cars. 375 bhp 2L engine... 4WD. And the lotus is amazing. Not been in them yet

Comment

Test drove a gt86 on Saturday. Love it. Will almost certainly get one. Black or orange though...

Comment

Orange FTW!

Comment

I'm thinking orange too. Totally changes how the car looks though (well duh! But you know what I mean). Part of me thinks I'll grow tired of the orange.

Comment

Any less tired than a boring black?

It'll turn more heads in orange, guarantee it

Comment

Working...
                                X