No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ideal 2nd car is available: http://www.svaimports.com/cars/stock...-s15-spec-r-6/

Shame I need to sort out a 1st car (No word from the garage yet - expecting to hear today if a bunch of metal falls out of the engine when they drain it).

Comment

Lovely car that Silvia Charles, needs a small spoiler on the back though.

Comment

Nah, the S14 is a car that looks better without one IMO. Although a subtle one can look nice, more of a lip than a wing.

Have to say though, where's the fun in buying a pre-modded car! I know you can save a fortune in parts costs buying an already built one but if I was going that route I'd want to start with a virgin car and do it my way.

Comment

S15 that Speedy.

Comment

Damn it! I'll get it right one day.

Comment

Some mods are essential so easier to buy already done, e.g. on an Impreza, you need alloy droplinks all round, firmer anti-roll bar at the back and preferably one that's had a remap so the expensive license is already on the ECU And that Vertex kit on the Silvia is THE ONE.

Comment

Located a replacement EJ20 engine out of a twin turbo legacy. Saw it running from cold and seems very smooth with nothing untoward from exhaust. Should have the car back on the road in a couple of weeks

Considering a remap for the new engine.

Comment

Wow, this engine looks to be in great shape. I'd best dick about with it!!

Good find mate.

Comment

It's like you read my mind.
                    I have a really silly 3" exhaust, with sport cat and induction kit (all on it when I bought it), so it would run better with much better fuel economy. I should have got it done in 2007 when I first got the car....

Comment

I occasionally wish I hadn't bought a new car. I can't mess about with it too much for fear of losing the 5 year warranty, which was a big factor in justifying the car to myself in the first place!

Comment

Can you get the a Toyota dealer to tweak it? There must be official options.

Comment

Not really ready to yet anyway mate. Maybe lower and supercharger at 3 years though

Comment

Engine arrived. Wooooo

Comment

Well the fun car arrival now has an ETA, 2017. I've taken the (possibly mental) leap of faith and placed a deposit on the upcoming new TVR.

Cosworth fettled V8, Gordon Murray designed underpinnings (he of Mclaren F1 design fame), and hopefully the traditional outrageous TVR design on the body. I couldn't miss out. Deposit remains refundable up until all details are shown, at which point it's set in stone, so maybe not that big a risk to be down for the limited first year builds. I hope..........

Comment

Can't go wrong really! All the recent TVR designs have badass.

er. 2017 though. May I suggest a CRX MK2 in the meantime?

WTAF!!!! ?12,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X