No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Chaz, Civic is one I hadn't thought of.

Anyone else?

Comment

That model of Civic is amazing really. The clever use of space inside is er... clever. It looks good too I think, although I think I linked to a 3dr sport. I have the previous model which is still good but the engines got lots more efficient after 2006.

Comment

Plenty of space in the boot to fit bodies suitcases and what not?

Will mini chimp be cramped?

Comment

More space in the boot then a BMW3. Masses of space in the back for the chimp(s).

Comment

I made a video of my new Android powered Navigation System.

Comment

Nice! Good skills if you can play the game and drive at the same time

Comment

Just to clarify - did you start listening to Sinita at 4:36?!

Comment

Hahaha, Yes, Sinita did indeed start. Most of the 1800 tracks on that Navigation System are from the 80s or early 90s so there will be a few PWL / Stock Aiken and Waterman stuff on there. The tracks mostly come from my personal CD collection as well as various hit compilation CDs I've rented. Still no getting away from Sinita starting up though

Comment

You're so macho!

I once saw Sinita at a Radio 1 roadshow at Aberystwyth.

(I love the Android navigation system, by the way!)

Comment

In 1999 a self-produced single "Use Me Up" sold two copies. No idea if true, but LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLINFINITY

Yakumo, did you get one of those 2 copies?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        You're so macho!

I once saw Sinita at a Radio 1 roadshow at Aberystwyth.
                        Sinita was hot in her day, there's no denying that

(I love the Android navigation system, by the way!)
                        Thanks. I'm very happy with it although the truth be told I was hesitant in buying it after reading the reviews from bikers bitching that they couldn't see the screen. What did they expect with using it on the dash of a bike? No problems in car at all.

In 1999 a self-produced single "Use Me Up" sold two copies. No idea if true, but LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLINFINITY

Yakumo, did you get one of those 2 copies?
                        I had no idea she was still releasing records back then. I doubt only two copies sold but if it was true, LOL

Comment

I spent the weekend down in Aso which is known for having great driving roads. Bummer that I had the missus and son with me then Still, nice video starting on a very narrow track up hill.

Comment

In Hawaii, I hired a Ford Taurus. In the USA, one if it's major selling points is the "low MPG"..... 19 in town, 29 on highway. oooookkkkkkk..... Although maybe that's ok, given that it's a 3.5L V6

The torque steer was monstrous - flooring it at low speed was pointless. Massive car too - plenty of room and surprisingly firm ride. Paddle gearshift was **** though. The steering rack ratio was so slack, that you had to turn it for days. Brakes were monster though.

There was some sort of Pickup truck "arms race" over there. Who has the loudest paint, the biggest wheels (diameter for bling or width for sand tyres ending up like a monster truck), the highest ride. One guy had the most obscenely large alloys I have ever seen and his window was open. I shouted "Nice truck, but you should have got the large wheels!" with a smile.

I now want a Lincoln Navigator. $60k is a bargain for something that lets you pretend you are a secret service agent.

Comment

In exciting news I've just bought a Vauxhall Zafira. With two kids we need a bigger car. at the moment we have a Polo and a Fox and with both cars the boot is full after we put the pram in. i traded in my 04 plate Polo for ?2125, which considering how it drives is awesome, and the Zafira was reduced from 18k to 11k, so all in all i got a good deal. I also managed to get metallic paint for the same price.

Picking it up on Thursday, looking forward to that new car smell

Comment

Pics when it arrives!

Comment

Working...
                                X