No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that yours? They seem a wee bit dodgy to me!

Comment

Yes, my vids from my rear facing camera taken yesterday, I'd forgotten to take it out when I left it at the dealers, there's more stuff I could upload, but there's not a lot of point really. If you want to download the 4.6GB of raw footage I'll put it on my ftp server

Comment

Sounds like a right load of southern cockney nobbers. So glad I work on my own car.

Comment

What a bunch of tools. "Hey there's a camera in this car! Let's get my face right up to it and then go and rag it."

It must never even have entered their simple brains that it could possibly be turned on.

Comment

Yeah - I expect a bit of banter in the garage, not bothered about that. I expect them to road test it to make sure it's running right, but to keep bouncing it off the rev limiter is a bit much and shows you're crap at gear changes. I VTEC the car and occasionally bang off the top in third when I'm on overtakes, but it's my car and my privilege to do so. I expect the car to be treated with a little more respect because if they're clowning around that doesn't give me confidence they're servicing it properly.

But I suppose we all wonder if this is typical behaviour and whether dealers are really pulling a fast one.

Quote from their website:

Originally posted by Grantham Honda
            A professional Aftersales Department will take care of all your servicing and MOT needs, with a team of highly trained technicians who really take pride in their work, so you’ll be in safe hands.
            Last edited by MartyG; 31-10-2013, 15:00.

Comment

Complained to YouTube that I violated his privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

Complained to YouTube that I violated his privacy.
                Fair point...now what are the dealership going to do about him then? His behaviour is hardly going to be company policy.

Comment

Has anyone ever chipped a turbo diesel? We have just bought one for the wife and looking around online you can pay around ?350 for a plug in and go chip but there are so many around need a recommendation.

Thinking of getting one to improve the fuel economy.

Comment

I thought (for a second), you had swapped two wheels for four Nick. PM me won't you
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

A4, C-Class or 3 Series?

Any opinions welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                        Has anyone ever chipped a turbo diesel? We have just bought one for the wife and looking around online you can pay around ?350 for a plug in and go chip but there are so many around need a recommendation.

Thinking of getting one to improve the fuel economy.
                        I never trust the preformatted chips. Each engine is different. Can the original ECU be remapped? ?350 would be for a tuner to take it out for an hour with a laptop to be done properly.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                          A4, C-Class or 3 Series?

Any opinions welcome.
                          C-Class (but only because I think Audis and beemers are too dull).

Comment

Best looking one of the three too.

Comment

Well.... obviously. It's not the Audi or the bmw!

Comment

How much are you spending? Lease / company car thing? Or your own?

Comment

Working...
                                X