No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if you're a German car man Colin, but a BMW 335d estate is a premium feeling, comfy, fast and practical car.

Shame about the Volvo, thought they were supposed to be bullet proof, a bit like SAAB.

Comment

BMW and Audi are out, they have an image I don't want to be associated with.

Comment

I can understand that, Beemers are a great drive though.

Comment

It's true. Spend enough time on the road and you learn to detest those people.

Comment

The 2015 1 series I'm driving as a courtesy car may disagree with that Jamie. Truly awful.

Comment

Strange, couple of people have mentioned re Audi drivers on here now. Never have a problem with them down this way. Is just 99% of BMW and Mercedes drivers who think they own the road and drive like twonks at every opportunity. I try to make their progress as awkward as possible at all times naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                Strange, couple of people have mentioned re Audi drivers on here now. Never have a problem with them down this way. Is just 99% of BMW and Mercedes drivers who think they own the road and drive like twonks at every opportunity. I try to make their progress as awkward as possible at all times naturally.
                Thing is I have no problems either with Audi drivers.

BM & Merc are another story & are generally just total ******* but Audi drivers not so much, I just hate them because they normally have such nice cars lol

My latest update is new car to be collected tomorrow at about 2ish

My one still in the garage & being delivered back whenever, really couldn't care if they just scrapped it from there if I'm honest.
                Need to go & retrieve Chloe's Car Seat but after that if I never saw it again I wouldn't be upset...piece of junk

Neil

Comment

Around here the idiot driver brigade have moved from BMW to Audi it seems (general consensus in our office). Never had a problem with Mercs.

Comment

I frequently find an Audi tailgating me & wanting me to get out of the way.
                    The thing is most of the time it's around a specific area where there happens to be an Audi dealership...So it's not just the owners who act like *****, it's the salesmen too.
                    Must be part of a package deal to get the attitude bundled in with a purchase.

Comment

It's a numerical thing, get passed an A3 up into the A4 and especially A5. Instant idiot.
                      The A3 drivers have a different joie de vivre which seems to be down to them driving the most common/cheapest Audi.
                      A-Class Mercedes drivers have joined then there too.

"I drive a Mercedes"

Comment

I was considering a Skoda for my new car, but went with the Polo 1.4 instead in the end. Enjoying it so far, decent consumption (I get around 50mpg), no complaints so far in performance and comfort. And if I shove another couple of grand into the deposit finance pot, should bring the monthly payments down to about 150.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Around here the idiot driver brigade have moved from BMW to Audi it seems (general consensus in our office). Never had a problem with Mercs.
                        Yep, definitely the case here, all the idiot, impatient Beemer drivers that would annoy you appear to be driving Audis now.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

What are you getting then [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]?

Comment

I have to laugh at the "power to get me out of trouble" types. Most with more than 150bhp drive like complete cocks. Tailgating, agressive manoeuvres, lane weaving, no inicators. After 18 years of not needing a car to commute (used train, cycled or walked to work) I've had 3 months of putting up with these potential murderers. Too strong a word? Not at all, if you're behind me doing 70 and I can see the colour of your eyes you may as well be running behind me with a spear.

Running a 208 HDI at the mo, getting 70mpg easy. Car for the family is a 3008 HDI , huge bang for the buck.

Comment

I get nearly 70mp2g in my car

Power to get out of trouble is a real thing. However, most of the time it's actually power to get out of the trouble that you yourself got yourself into in the first place due to having lots of power.

Comment

Anyone drive a Volvo?
                                I quite like some of the newer models.

Comment

Working...
                                X