Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

certainly has mate, I really do hate shopping around for stuff like this, your advice has really helped. Will be getting either the last one you mentioned or one of the Samsung ones from Currys. Then I can get back here to the last of us, mario galaxy 2 and forza 3

Comment

Cheap TV, richer sounds.
      They have a few 19/22" TVs under ?150

Comment

I'd just pick up a used 32 myself. 19/22 would be rubbish unless you sit really close...

Comment

Just got the 19" samsung one. Fortunately I do sit very close and katamari forever is looking very happy and lovely, thanks qualitychimp for your help. Now back to all the games

Comment

My GF and I are moving in together next month, in a new rented house, and I've somehow convinced her that we should both sell our TVs and get a new one! : D

I've picked out the Sony KDL50W656 for ?650, which seems like a good deal.
            I've noticed that this has some sort of HDD recorder functionality if I plug in a USB drive. Does anyone know whether this will record from SCART, composite and/or HDMI inputs? I'd love to record my gaming with it.

Comment

No, from the internal tuner.

Comment

Those internal PVR functions often encrypt the recording so they can only be viewed on the same TV.

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE View Post
                  No, from the internal tuner.
                  Oh that sucks. How about running the game through an RF cable? (kidding... probably)

Comment

Maybe you could get a Titan Zeus:

4K, 370 inches, ?1 million.

Comment

I was looking into audio options for my new TV, and I noticed that the Sony KDL50W829B has a free Soundbar option.

Is it worth spending the ?150 extra over the Sony KDLW656 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dock View Post
                        My GF and I are moving in together next month, in a new rented house, and I've somehow convinced her that we should both sell our TVs and get a new one! : D

I've picked out the Sony KDL50W656 for ?650, which seems like a good deal.
                        I've noticed that this has some sort of HDD recorder functionality if I plug in a USB drive. Does anyone know whether this will record from SCART, composite and/or HDMI inputs? I'd love to record my gaming with it.
                        Hi mate, I got one of these for ?599 recently pricematched at John Lewis and I think it is the best tv I have ever had. I haven't tried any of the recording to USB. I'll try it out for you and let you know.

Comment

Usually those HDD recording functions are purely to turn the built into Freeviews into PVRs

Comment

My Sony KDL50W829B, but we're not opening the box until after the house move is up! Should be quite the upgrade over my 2005 era Samsung.

I wonder how ****ty the non-HD consoles will look on it. I have a Saturn, PS2, PC Engine and Gamecube hooked up. Can't justify an XRGB or similar.

Comment

I would open it and just test for DSE and banding.
                              Just in case you need to swap it for another one.

Comment

my monitor packed in and my tv is not that good so i was thinking anyone got a suggestion for a monitor or tv that could function for my pc and my consoles that way i could hook everything up to the one screen

Not sure if it would be a monitor or tv as all tv's i have tried have been rubbish for a computer

Comment

Working...
                                X