Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one last thing I'll add MA wise, you guys mentioned Sammo and Benny. Imagine those 2 mofos if they didnt get fat FFS. They could've had even better careers in front on the camera in solo movies. Sammo obviously has done well in HK cinema but Benny also had mad skillz

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
      Just one last thing I'll add MA wise, you guys mentioned Sammo and Benny. Imagine those 2 mofos if they didnt get fat FFS. They could've had even better careers in front on the camera in solo movies. Sammo obviously has done well in HK cinema but Benny also had mad skillz
      Tis true - was pretty great in grosse point blank as well - john cusack was just a little better

Comment

The Expendables 3
        Pretty much more of the same. To be honest the downgrade in violence kind of passed me by unnoticed so didn't affect the film. More of a Stallone showcase than the first two as the others take a backseat but as similar again as this entry is to the others I think I slightly enjoyed it more than 1 or 2. Good finale and sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Okay well firstly that's more about what's wrong with the licensing. Spongebob is not a preschool show but is on a ton of preschool merchandise. Doesn't make it a preschool show. Secondly, I'd question a lot of your conclusions on who elements of the movie are aimed at. I have seen the film twice with audiences made up primarily of adults and you know who loved that scene you spoilered? Adults. Almost all of them. And who loves Groot? Adults. Sure kids might too but I do not think for a moment that he was aimed at kids. Jar-Jar, sure. Groot? No. And Rocket? Not a chance. Rocket is a pretty deep, tortured character and that's what makes him work so well. He is an angry little creature. Incredibly funny but for dark reasons that most young kids would never get. He is not aimed at young kids at all.

And other moments

hammer in the head, for example, but even the opening which was pretty rough going

don't say to me that they were aiming for a young kids film here. It's a ton of fun and not as dark as a lot of movies, certainly a great fun film for slightly older kids, teens and adults. The movie is sitting at a comfortable 12 on Common Sense Media (rated 11 by kids) and that sounds about right to me.
          I take what your saying on board but Super hero films appeal to kids pure and simple that's why all the merch and promotion is aimed at them. I'd say a seven year old going on 8 is probly not gonna be to fussed by what's gone on show here, he didn't repeat any of the swears and has heard far worse language in the playground at school. The clone wars series on Cartoon Network has suicide bombers ,tourture and scene of murder so this is quite tame compared to a lot of kids tv would you believe.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 16-08-2014, 18:26.

Comment

I watched Hook, Aladdin and Mrs Doubtfire, all back to back the other day.
            Just got that urge to.

Comment

I watched Bad Neighbours and I'm frustrated I can't get my Saturday night back.

I normally like Seth Rogen, but I found this was pretty devoid of laughs apart from the occasional quiet snort.

It relied too much on unrealistic plot devices and soon descended into farce territory.

I hate Meet the Fockers for the same reason, so if you like that you may get a kick out of this, but I found it to be pretty poor.

Comment

Haunted House 2
                Don't know why as the first was bad, this one was even worse

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
                Second viewing and really enjoyed it again, cracking film though I still think my heart still lies with the first

Comment

I imported Chinese Zodiac a while back. I thought it was a bit cheesy and too long.

I recently watched Police Story 2013 which was a little better though nothing like a "real" Police Story film.
                  Pretty much JC doing Die Hard!

Comment

I'm on my way back from seeing The Inbetweeners 2 and we all loved it.

If you like the show and first movie, you'll know what to expect, but they manage to keep the humour fresh with the great scenario.

The standard gags are there, but it's mostly all new cringe-worthy jokes!

Comment

Just watched transsiberian on Netflix, pretty good if not predictable.
                      Well acted. Well worth a watch

Comment

Just finished watching 12 years a Slave. My god, what a film, what performances. I literally still have tears in my eyes, that human beings could have treated (and continue to do so lest we forget) others in this way sickens me. The film literally guts you from the start and just continues to emotionally disembowel you.

Great GREAT film

Comment

Fargo
                          Having watched the series the interest was there to see the film that started it all. Always known it was a liked film but never saw it. You could definitely see the elements the series had either used or copy and pasted but oddly enough found the film almost sleep inducing. Infinitely prefer the series.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                            Just finished watching 12 years a Slave. My god, what a film, what performances.
                            I really want to see this, but you've got to be in the right frame of mind for it.

Comment

Days of Future Past, best X-Men film made. Tbh I only really like this and First Class from the X-Men film series, films based on comics tend to be a bit too much like a comic...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I really want to see this, but you've got to be in the right frame of mind for it.
                                Thinking the same thing. Especially as it's Steve McQueen. His stuff lingers.

Comment

Working...
                                X