Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going though a 70's rock phase the now.

Comment

^ Good tune.

This is a track taken from Benjamin Zephaniah's new album and it's a good album too: very politically charged with a ton of clever lyrics (not surprising given he is a poet) and keen observations. He's a good man, ol' Benjamin Zephaniah. His spirit shines through... Speaking of spirit:

Wicked video. Love all the saints n sages.

Comment

Alan Watts Blues by Van the Man Marrison

Gorgeous tune. I dig the chilled vibe. I dig the title and its nod to Alan Watts. And I really dig the line "Cloud hidden, whereabouts unknown" which is a reference to Li Po's famous Zen poem. Who was Alan Watts? He was a British philosopher, theologian and author:

Comment

Vevo is the world's leading music video network. Watch music videos on your favorite apps, streaming services, and devices, including YouTube, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Fire TV, and more.

I was doing the ironing.
          Last edited by CMcK; 12-01-2018, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            I was doing the ironing.
            Are you sure you weren't listening to this:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very into Serj Tanakian (and system of a down) at the moment.

Comment

Supertramp's Breakfast in America album while I dismantle some pipe closets I'm giving away on Craigslist and clean up the old flat before returning the keys.

Booked a massage tonight as a reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      https://youtu.be/dGWQqRyO8gA

Very into Serj Tanakian (and system of a down) at the moment.
                      Its a shame Serj has kind of given up the singing and is focusing on poetry these days. His voice wasn’t quite the same when they played Download last year.

Comment

I'm a year or so behind [MENTION=2386]Family Fry[/MENTION], but I can't stop listening to Carpenter Brut.
                        Aside from the new album by The Atomic Bitchwax - "Force Field" and trying to listen to a couple of audiobooks, I find myself putting on the CB live album, CARPENTERBRUTLIVE, since the start of December.

I think the songs are even better live than recorded because you've got the added live drummer and guitarist and it's a little pacier.

I really, really want to see him/them live when they tour next year, but they're playing near me on my tenth wedding anniversary, so I probably should be around the wife, yeah?

I would post a video of Carpenter Brut playing live, but for two reasons:
                        1. The sound is naff on all of them
                        2. One video had some bewbs in it. Naturally, that was the moment my wife walked in the room.

Instead, here's a video for "Escape From Midwich Valley" inspired by Shadows over Innmouth that's pretty good for a low budget!
                        Man alive, that bit where the track drops down to just a tinkly music box, then THE RIFF comes in and then the tinkly music plays on top is amazing.

Comment

I saw Carpenter Brut last year. A superb gig. Kicked my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I'm a year or so behind [MENTION=2386]Family Fry[/MENTION], but I can't stop listening to Carpenter Brut.
                            Aside from the new album by The Atomic Bitchwax - "Force Field" and trying to listen to a couple of audiobooks, I find myself putting on the CB live album, CARPENTERBRUTLIVE, since the start of December.

I think the songs are even better live than recorded because you've got the added live drummer and guitarist and it's a little pacier.

I really, really want to see him/them live when they tour next year, but they're playing near me on my tenth wedding anniversary, so I probably should be around the wife, yeah?

I would post a video of Carpenter Brut playing live, but for two reasons:
                            1. The sound is naff on all of them
                            2. One video had some bewbs in it. Naturally, that was the moment my wife walked in the room.

Instead, here's a video for "Escape From Midwich Valley" inspired by Shadows over Innmouth that's pretty good for a low budget!
                            Man alive, that bit where the track drops down to just a tinkly music box, then THE RIFF comes in and then the tinkly music plays on top is amazing.

I swear to god that Carpenter Brut Live album has been played daily now for about 2 months, it sounds like the perfect gig and as you say with a live band the songs are more punchier. So glad to hear they kick ass live as I’ve got tickets to see them playing in March at KoKo and CANNOT wait, also got some tickets for Flight of the Conchords following week, so March for me is the best month of 2018.

Another one that’s been on my playlist is Dance with the Dead.

Last edited by Family Fry; 24-01-2018, 13:18.

Comment

MANIA by Fall Out Boy.

So different to everything they've done previously.

Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Last edited by eastyy; 26-01-2018, 15:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X