Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers!

I read Ozzy's autobiography last year and it was quite interesting, but he was very self-destructive.

They were never really into Satanism, but people thought they were. There's a funny bit where he's touring America and a group of Satanists gather in the car park of the motel he's staying in. He crept outside and sat down in their circle and sang "Kumbaya, my Lord" to piss them off!

Anyway, I've been listening to Ash today. Such an awesome, underrated band that have a brilliant back catalogue of songs.

Comment

I've been listening to this chilled out tune by PUTS and Giant Panda for a week and a half now and I've still not got bored of it.

Quality video too:

Seems mental to me it never got a proper release.

Going to check out the new Daft Punk album after reading the feedback on here.

Must admit though I found the Pharell (sp?) song they put out crap so I'm hoping the rest wont disappoint.

Comment

I know I am on the right forum when we have so many posters giving the love for Sabbath.

Comment

Just listened to Vampires of the Modern City - the new LP from Vampire Weekend.

No doubting the quality of the production, but the "magic' and/or "spark" that was evident in the Vampire Weekend and Contra LPs isn't quite there this time around. Maybe a case of trying too hard to escape the "NYC rich white kids doing Afrobeat" tag that stuck to them for some time.

As for the Daft Punk LP? Listened to it in full on iTunes earlier this week like many others. I think those looking for another Homework, Discovery or Human After All will be disappointed. Those who dig Daft Punk making "real" music like they did on the Tron: Legacy OST will be more pleased. Felt and sounded very much like Daft Punk have matured and grown up as musicians, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 15-05-2013, 20:27.

Comment

Listened to the whole DP album while walking last night in the dark along some fields and stuff with not much in the way of street lighting. The Moroder track especially really added to the spooky atmosphere! The final track is pretty epic. I got tingles listening to it. Discovery is the only DP album I can always listen to all the way through. With Homework and HAA I often skip tracks. This is currently a track-skipper but not that much, and it's still incredible. It'll grow on me, I'm sure.

Comment

GoGo Penguin's album - Fanfares
              Here's the opening track. Incredible album.

Comment

Never seen this before.
                Brilliant tune. And he has a Roman Candle attached to his guitar which is all kinds of epic.

Comment

Did you used to be a raver, charles?

Comment

Not really. More techno. My fave clubnite was: http://www.lost.co.uk/

Comment

So, I'm on the DLR today and as I look out the window I spot a poster showing that Hugh Laurie has a new album out!

How did I miss that!! I loved the first one and, having listened to the sefond 'Didn't It Rain' I can say it's even better.

Just amazing stuff.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                            Wow. That (already fab) song is even better when watching the video. Cool

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X