Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, I'd forgot about The Offspring. Which came first "The Kids Aren't Alright" or the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" theme tune? Granted I was about 12 when it was last on BBC2 but my older sister loved Buffy and I could swear they were the exact same tune.

Comment

Dunno but the offspring to like to rip off stuff:

Why don't you get a job? = Ob la di ob la da
      Self Esteem = Smells like teen spirit

EDIT: I do love both those offspring songs despite them being rip offs!

Comment

I like this song, but love how f*cking happy he looks singing it. Pure joy if ever I saw it. I feel happy just looking at him.

Comment

Comment

Back to listening to Aesop.

Any idea which game they took the sample from?

Comment

From the ashes of Aereogramme (who nobody has heard of) rose The Unwinding Hours (who nobody has heard of).

Their second album, Afterlives, is rather lovely. No screaming or chugging guitars like the previous band, but fractured piano, shimmering synths and jangly geetars.

Ace.

Two sample tracks, both quite different:

I like the alt-choral bits in this, and the way the high-note guitar-driven instrumentation links the sections between the vocals (these are the most appealing parts). This song really knits together after a few listens.

This piece, I find quite hypnotic. Stripped down and Mogwai-esque, yet it has a glacial quality that, once again, hooks after a few listens.
              Last edited by prinnysquad; 27-03-2013, 23:56.

Comment

I'm addicted to Mother Mother at the Moment
                Last edited by EvilBoris; 29-03-2013, 14:51.

Comment

Good stats.

Comment

Where to start!

I've been on quite the hip hop adventure since I last posted. Picked up Abdominals album Escape from the Pigeon Pole, which has so far delivered some great tracks.

Flyers Antics is my fav!

So up beat and his flow is flawless in that song.

There's a couple of others that I'm really liking but I'll post about them later.

Oh,

ATTENTION BEASTIE BOYS FANS!

Also, started listening to Ugly Duckling, who, HOLY ****, if you in any way like the Beastie Boys you have to listen to this group, no questions, go, listen!!!!

Post some more of their stuff later, but needless to say they are the absolute ****.

Another to check out is Cut Chemist:

I have been addicted to listening to this!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post

I'm addicted to Mother Mother at the Moment
                      really like that song hayloft never heard of them before

been listening to songs from which i think is probably my fav band

Comment

I'm sure I have posted this before but I'm going to post it again because it's so awesome...

Comment

Good stuff that, Dogg. Reminded me of Ronald Jenkee. ;p

Little bit of Aerodynamic in there will always add to the awesomeness as well; I don't think I've ever heard a bad mix using that track.

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Enjoyed that a lot and it's not really my type of music!

Eastyy, you have almost guru-like status at suggesting music to me I usually wouldn't bother with!

Comment

One of the few films to bring a tear to my eye.
                            Last edited by 'Press Start'; 31-03-2013, 22:46. Reason: rubbish grammar!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X