This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Bought this floor stand mount as I decided not to mount direct to the wall. The wall is dot and dab plasterboard and light breeze block so didn't want to risk it. Got the stand cheap as a carton damaged reduced price option.

This is the TV on the mount. The entertainment unit sits a couple of mm above the stand thanks to some stub legs and carpet protectors. I also put some carpet protectors onto the floor shelf of the mount so it sits against the underside of the unit.

Front on view this morning... Series X sits vertical and covers the mount arm. Annoyingly my aerial cable is too short so I need to get a longer cable later and tidy it up with the cable clips on the rear of the stand.

All up really happy with the result and the mount arm actually swivels a little for cable access. I would like it a little lower but it's out of reach of 3x small kids so it'll do for now.

Comment

Does it rotate? I had my eyes on one that looks very similar to that and did, but I was eventually stuck with the heartbreaking realisation that the set I wanted to use it on (one of those 40" 4:3 plasma sets) didn't have VESA mounting gear.

Comment

Yeah it swivels around approx 60 degrees but obviously a TV this wide it's more about the TV hitting the wall at the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

Bought this floor stand mount as I decided not to mount direct to the wall. The wall is dot and dab plasterboard and light breeze block so didn't want to risk it.
            I'm just about to mount my TV on a similar wall can't see it being a problem. The previous owners of the house had a 65" TV on the same wall too. I was careful to put loads of adhesive behind the new plasterboard sheets and bought nice deep plugs for the breeze block. My rather heavy old plasma is mounted on a plasterboard internal wall with expanding hollowboard fixings. Must weigh over 20kg.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Does it rotate? I had my eyes on one that looks very similar to that and did, but I was eventually stuck with the heartbreaking realisation that the set I wanted to use it on (one of those 40" 4:3 plasma sets) didn't have VESA mounting gear.
            I have an old Panasonic SD plasma which is mounted on a rotating wall mount for tate action. This set also dosen't have VESA mounts so I bought some aluminium flat bar and used that to mate the TV to the bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              I'm just about to mount my TV on a similar wall can't see it being a problem. The previous owners of the house had a 65" TV on the same wall too. I was careful to put loads of adhesive behind the new plasterboard sheets and bought nice deep plugs for the breeze block. My rather heavy old plasma is mounted on a plasterboard internal wall with expanding hollowboard fixings. Must weigh over 20kg.

I have an old Panasonic SD plasma which is mounted on a rotating wall mount for tate action. This set also dosen't have VESA mounts so I bought some aluminium flat bar and used that to mate the TV to the bracket.
              Yeah this TV is 33kg and whilst I've found you can buy long steel core bolts (core-fix) to basically mount across the gap between the plasterboard and breeze block I basically didn't want to chance it. It's a heavy enough TV and I got the stand cheap enough it's doing the exact same thing. I'm happy with the results, which is the main thing.

I'm sure if you're mounting a TV <25kg it's less of an issue.

With the Vesa issue, I've done similar with my 32" Sony TV in the kitchen. It has some bespoke flat wall mount but I wanted it on a fully telescopic swivel so got a 3rd party adaptor kit. Works a treat. As long as the TV has some way of attaching it you can get adaptors to fit.

Comment

Bought this floor stand mount as I decided not to mount direct to the wall. The wall is dot and dab plasterboard and light breeze block so didn't want to risk it. Got the stand cheap as a carton damaged reduced price option.

This is the TV on the mount. The entertainment unit sits a couple of mm above the stand thanks to some stub legs and carpet protectors. I also put some carpet protectors onto the floor shelf of the mount so it sits against the underside of the unit.

Front on view this morning... Series X sits vertical and covers the mount arm. Annoyingly my aerial cable is too short so I need to get a longer cable later and tidy it up with the cable clips on the rear of the stand.

All up really happy with the result and the mount arm actually swivels a little for cable access. I would like it a little lower but it's out of reach of 3x small kids so it'll do for now.
                That's the exact stand I have! I don't use the middle glass try though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  That's the exact stand I have! I don't use the middle glass try though.
                  Nice! I had my eye on it for a while. I didn't bother with the middle shelf either but mine feels like it's cheap chip board? Only the base is glass on mine. Either way I'm really pleased with it, solid piece of kit.

Comment

Nice! I had my eye on it for a while. I didn't bother with the middle shelf either but mine feels like it's cheap chip board? Only the base is glass on mine. Either way I'm really pleased with it, solid piece of kit.
                    That's odd. Mine is all glass. But yeah, it's a solid stand plus the twist motion for the monitor is very handy

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      That's odd. Mine is all glass. But yeah, it's a solid stand plus the twist motion for the monitor is very handy
                      Seems there's a few variations from Fitueyes, there's another with an iron base as well...

Comment

HP Reverb VR just out of shot to the left

Comment

Our youngest has just spent his Christmas money on a new tv so I got the old 720p Bravia back and that can only mean one thing.

Comment

Nice, and it's one of my favourite games to show it off. I've never had the guts to turn a TV on its side for Tate mode, I'm always afraid it'll come crashing down.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Our youngest has just spent his Christmas money on a new tv so I got the old 720p Bravia back and that can only mean one thing.

Looks good
                              What is that stick you are using?

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Nice, and it's one of my favourite games to show it off. I've never had the guts to turn a TV on its side for Tate mode, I'm always afraid it'll come crashing down.
                              I've done it a few times with a spare monitor with my 360 if you prop it up right you'll be fine

My eventual plan when I get my shed sorted is to get a rotatable wall bracket & hang my old 42" Panasonic G20 plasma for TATE action with my 360 shooters

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                Looks good
                                What is that stick you are using?
                                Just the trusty old Jutman custom (all Seimitsu), still going strong

Comment

Working...
                                X