No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol.... I showed it to Lucy in John Lewis. I was going on about how small it was and how good the pics were. She said "It looks horrible and complicated". I lost my rag a bit (a lot). She did have a point about the lens cap though - she needs one with a security cable, otherwise it'll be gone in seconds.

If it was me, I'd buy it in a flash, but back to the drawing board

Comment

Buy a lens cap with a cable. Simples!

Comment

Yakumo. That first samurai shot is amazing. Looks like something from a ninja gaiden games. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          Buy a lens cap with a cable. Simples!
          I don't think that was the clincher. To me, a camera is something that goes in a bag or pocket and then comes out and gets covered up by hands while in use and never seen, so all that matters is the picture quality. To her, it has to look good too. Thing is, that strikes all decent cameras off the list.... great. I'll have to get her her own one and I'll get a decent one for me.

Comment

The solution is easy - get two cameras, one for you and one for Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              I don't think that was the clincher. To me, a camera is something that goes in a bag or pocket and then comes out and gets covered up by hands while in use and never seen, so all that matters is the picture quality. To her, it has to look good too. Thing is, that strikes all decent cameras off the list.... great. I'll have to get her her own one and I'll get a decent one for me.
              What about a Fujifilm x10 or x100? Great picture quality for their size and still look great.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Thats an awesome shot, fantastic contrasts and well framed. 1dmkII though, nice bit of kit that, plus im a sucker for B&W.
                Thanks, it's not too bad for an eight year old camera (bought it 2nd hand last year for ?500!).

Something from the other day....

Frozen Bits by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Unfortunate Freezing
                Eos 6D, EF50mm f/1.4 @ 1/250, f5.6, ISO 200
                Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 17-03-2013, 23:21.

Comment

Right, after the 50mm lens went missing i ordered the 35mm and got that today. Can't wait to get out somewhere to do some proper shots with my new toy

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    Yakumo. That first samurai shot is amazing. Looks like something from a ninja gaiden games. Love it.
                    Thanks. Took a while to get that shot. I didn't have my tripod and as you know taking shots in the dark can be tricky with motion blur. I think I was resting against a post with the camera pressed against me to take that shot.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      What about a Fujifilm x10 or x100? Great picture quality for their size and still look great.
                      I've been looking at the Fuji X100 for a while, and now the X100s is about to be released (and is getting amazing reviews) I'm getting very tempted. Seems like it could be the perfect camera for me.

Would have to convince the other half though. We already have a decent camera, but in practice we only really ever use the 50mm. Also, she likes the chunky grip on our camera - means she's less likely to drop it (valid concern).
                      Last edited by Nijo; 19-03-2013, 11:03.

Comment

Well, not too much as far as Sakura went so I took a few shots of other stuff.

Memorial to the dead - Night by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Shimonoseki Skyline- Night by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Lonely Phonebox- Night by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Good stuff, sometimes it's all about location

I was having a play with an M42 35mm manual focus lens on a 6 megapixel Canon 10D today - nothing really noteworthy, but it's always fun using this type of kit.

Comment

Pick up the crap I quite like the 2nd shot of the overpass (is that the right word?)

You know, many years ago I would have said black and white photos were dull but now that I'm into photography I can see that in some cases the lack of colour can really bring out the detail in photos.

Comment

Thanks, it's a foot bridge over the railway, tends to get a lot of graffiti, but sadly none of it is very good.

B&W has its place, but it needs to be used in the right way. I tend to use it if the colours are too distracting from what it is I'm trying to message in a photograph. I also like using it in portraits as it can be a lot more flattering.

Comment

Today's photographs were brought to you via the Nikon D200 and Nikkor 35mm f1.8

Comment

Working...
                                X