Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VVVVVV - If you haven't played it then do yourself a favour and do so because its a straight up 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
      Have just got to the part where you get introduced to the tough blokes who take all your money if you lose so you are advised to give them a wide berth.

I'm not liking the slow pace, the fighting seems one-dimensional, doesn't 'seem' to be free roaming. I think I was expecting something different.

I'll keep with it for a bit longer and see if things change as I do 'want' to like it.
      Oh man you've got so much fun to come, it starts off a bit slow but once you get to Chapter 3 its on. The game just delivers on so many levels and is a wildly entertaining experience.

Comment

Still on Sonic Mania, it just keeps getting better. Also about eight stages into Cuphead and I was on the third level of Super Lucky’s Tale but the boy seems to have hijacked that and I have no idea how far he’s got...

Comment

Conker's Bad Fur Day on Rare Replay. Awww, nice to play an old skool 3D platformer, I had the original back in the day but sold my N64 as a bundle so never really played it, it's giving me a warm feeling.

Then some more Bioshock Infinite.

Comment

Started up Forza Motorsport 7 at last.

First impressions are quite good, I don't know how it stacks against the game running on XBX but the games clean appearance suits 4K/60fps. It still remains that it plays better than the GT series though the game (and it's more an issue with the genre than the title itself) should be sponsored by Dairylee considering how much cheese its intro and presentation contains. The super sterile approach and eye rolling voice overs could almost make me sick in my mouth at this point, I'd love one of these sims to either skip all that nonsense or pitch it at the fact most car lovers don't care about polishing pistons to the nth degree. It's still an irritation on my eye too how the tracks still contain much that looks two generations behind the times however with this entry the weather and lighting effects make a big difference to the game so it is genuinely good looking and plays well. To be honest, it'll be whether I feel the pressure of lootboxing that decides whether this is my final FM title.

Comment

A little bit of Tekken 7 to learn its systems and get better with the new characters. Also Street Fighter V: AE to get the FM rewards by exploiting the A.I and doing the same move repeatedly with Rashid to get perfects that aren't really earned.

Also perhaps being inspired by watching Black Panther on Saturday I decided to begin playing Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition on the PS4. Its still a great entry and strikes me how its more polished than RE6. I've got up to Chapter 4 and will continue playing it until completion if the A.I can stop being daft.

Comment

Been having a dabble online with CoDWWII. It's pretty good fun actually, although it must be said I'm not that good at it

Comment

Vita EDF2 & Virtua tennis. Loving having one of these again already, should've just got one when I bought a Switch as I'd initially intended

Comment

Just finished the main story and (I think) all side missions in Horizon. 41 hours 19 minutes.

Still have The Frozen Wilds to do but might do something else first.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
                      Bayonetta (PC)
                      Yoshi's Island (PC RetroArch)
                      Double Dragon II (PC RetroArch)

Oh, and most of all Puyo Puyo Tetris S.

Grabbed DIsgaea PC in the recent Steam sale. Will give that some love later in the year.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 20-02-2018, 03:22.

Comment

Bioshock Infinite in two hour chunks every night.

It feels more like an FPS than ever, this is COD in a quantum, abstract, beautiful world.

But it's COD. I'm barely using the left trigs for special powers. The Deus Exiness is scaled proper down here, its more like a 'funneled corridor > room > corridor > hub of four avenues with one real exit' kinda thang.

But why am I whining?! Jeez, how many of these do ya play every month???

Comment

Secret of Mana PS4.

**** the haters. I really like the way it looks. Yes, there are flaws, but it's still a great game. And for £25 I can't really complain.

Comment

Second night in a row I managed two or three races in Forza 7 before falling asleep at the controller. I don't think it's that I'm even that tired, it's just that the game is so damn dry. I want to progress in it as it is good but that Sim-Blandness is killing my alertness. I'll give it another go tonight but if I start dozing I might switch to the next game in the backlog for a while.

Comment

So, I've moved on to the next game in my original twenty strong backlog last of games I aimed to drive myself to get through and now I'm picking through:

Game 10 - Mafia III

It's less a GTA game so far and more just a third person shooter. The gameplay is actually pretty solid but it feels like there's a lack of conviction in it from the developers with more effort having gone into the cutscenes which are decent but can drag on so long I find myself skipping just so I can crack on. I'm knocking around the 25% mark of the campaign and should hopefully dent it much more this weekend.

Comment

Been playing the original Mirrors Edge on PS3. Faith has broken her bones, knocked her self out and been shot and pistol whipped more times than a 'Ready Player One' mashup of Eddie The Eagle and Rodney King! It puts the opening narrative of the training level which is explained away by saying you have just come back after an injury, into perspective!
                                However when it works, it feels great. I think the Edge 5/10 is not totally unfair. Personally, I'd give it a 6/10 but maybe I mark too easy?

Comment

Working...
                                X