This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing Case West, 8yr old DLC.

It's cracking. It's a little Dawn Of The Dead sim, I appreciate this a lot more nowadays, especially after playing GTAV, what a combo it would be to combine the mechanics of both in their respective genres.

If I could buy short, dense, fun games like this for a fiver a pop then I would every day.

Comment

The Legend of Zelda - NES
      Never played it before. I love how it just throws you in with zero narrative or direction. Had to get the kids to assist me with drawing a map after several deaths.

ARMS
      Another party crash weekend!

Comment

I finally got around to picking Tekken 7 up courtesy of some vouchers from work. The presentation is top-notch as ever and I'm interested in learning the game's mechanics to see how it plays differently to the last numbered entry.

The game is also content-rich out of the box and the gallery allows you to take a trip down memory lane with the intros and OSTs to the prior games available. Add to that a wealth of customisation options and a 35 character roster and its understandable to see why this outperformed SFV at launch.

Comment

ARMS ranked as usual. Also started Axiom Verge on Switch and Iconoclasts on Vita. Need to get back to NieR Automata tonight.
          Last edited by Nico87; 11-02-2018, 10:50.

Comment

Being playing R racing evolution quite abit. I dismissed this many years ago, but it has charm

Comment

Let us know how it goes, I still have it on PS2, I've tried a few times to get into it over the years but the handling in the early sections put me off, seems like a very robust game, just never persisted with it long enough to find if it clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                GOAT MGS
                I can now see why some people would think that. Upon release I as really put off by the switch up but I can now see the genius in them because by changing the setting to a nondescript jungle, removing the radar and totally changing the play style whilst still somehow staying in his lane Kojima cranked out an amazing sequel because whilst I wanted more of 2 (which was just a reboot of 1 with added sprinkles) I can see how stale that would've been and how this curveball changed all that.

I originally only wanted to play it so I could enjoy 4 as that is the one that appealed to me but now I'm wondering how it will beat this. Also it looked amazingly remastered and the story was excellent. Although I don't get how Snake is missing an eye here in the past yet is perfectly sighted in the 2 prequels but I assume that will have something to do with clones or nanobots or suchlike due to to "time paradox" screens.

8/10 - Tastes better than a tree frog.
                Last edited by replicashooter; 11-02-2018, 20:39.

Comment

M M M Monster Hunter: World.

Too much, really.
                  It is gone 1am.
                  Again.
                  Sheesh.

Comment

Been back on Chapter 5 of The Evil Within for the last 2+ hours, started off with a new type of enemy which is very fiddly to kill but this mission just keeps on going, this game is proper tense, I've saved my game back at the asylum but I just need to nip this mission in the bud now, stressed, feel like I'm at the boss now, there's levers and fire pits to trap it in.

Gets the heart pounding, this one! I'd say it feels like Resi 4 crossed with Remake crossed with Silent Hill 2 but much more linear, a kind of 'ordeal simulator' that funnels you down a path more than something requiring loads of exploration, at least in the inside bits...outside bits feel quite different.

Very strange game, I like it lots despite the stress.

Comment

Playing my old, free 360 GWG copy of Bioshock Infinite on the Xbone whilst Dead Rising 3 installs.

Tried to get into this game many times over the last four years but I'm REALLY finding it enjoyable now and the smoother frame rate helps. Looks stunning, really makes you appreciate the 360 architecture, it truly is gorge.

Comment

Dang I need to turn this game off.

I will once this cup of tea is fully imbibed.

Comment

Yakuza 0, and it's really boring.

Completely regret getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                            Yakuza 0, and it's really boring.

Completely regret getting it.
                            Say whaaaaat? Have you got to Majimas part yet? If not just wait till then and your opinion will flip turn upside down.

I bought a PS4 just to play that game and it was well worth it in both respects.

Comment

Playing the Radiant Historia remake on the 3DS, still a really nice RPG.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                                Say whaaaaat? Have you got to Majimas part yet? If not just wait till then and your opinion will flip turn upside down.

I bought a PS4 just to play that game and it was well worth it in both respects.
                                Have just got to the part where you get introduced to the tough blokes who take all your money if you lose so you are advised to give them a wide berth.

I'm not liking the slow pace, the fighting seems one-dimensional, doesn't 'seem' to be free roaming. I think I was expecting something different.

I'll keep with it for a bit longer and see if things change as I do 'want' to like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X